Complaint Review: R AND R SOLUTIONS

• Submitted: Fri, April 17, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 24, 2009

• Reported By:Atlanta Georgia
R AND R SOLUTIONS
601 1ST AVENUE NW GRAVETTE, Arkansas U.S.A.

R AND R SOLUTIONS, JOHN RAMBADT, SHELLEY JACKSON, ROBERT MCNAMARA SOLD ME A DEFECTIVE MOTORHOME AFTER LYING ABOUT ITS CONDITION. GRAVETTE Arkansas

*Author of original report: ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED

I inquired about a motorhome I saw on ebay. I was told "the next bidder will meet the reserve price and will get the motorhome". I bid, and when I called back, they refused to close the auction. The item was upbid $3400 in the last hour of the auction...all by the same person...who also happened to be the person who only bid $20,003 for the same unit the last time it went to auction, and who only upbid $100 on each bid.

Flew from GA to AR to buy unit, but when I arrived, found they had lied to me about its condition. Despite that, it seemed solid and fixable within reason, so the deal was set. They gave us back our $500 deposit, so the end price was $23,100...still $2900 more than I had expected to pay.

After purchasing the unit, I discovered a bad roof leak that had caused damage to the roof and a black mold problem inside of an upper cabinet, broken brake lights, two television sets that were completely unusable, a generator that did not work at all, and an engine that was not running properly. Additionally, with reference to what we saw prior to buying, ...there was serious body damage as well as damage to several of the cargo doors, the front steps were loose, the carpet was ruined, the furniture had to be thrown out, and there were many small repairs needed to items such as broken screens and latches.

It cost us $500 and the generator to have the generator checked out with an attempt to fix it, $421 for an engine repair, $435 for a bed (the one they put in was so full of smoke we had to toss it out, not to mention $589 in airfare to get to Arkansas and another $300 to drive back home.

I contacted R and R immediately when problems arose, but they have taken no steps towards reimbursing us for some of the more expensive repairs. The generator alone will cost at least $6,000 to replace.

The man who owns this company, John Rambadt, has apparently chosen to have his staff go silent about this issue. They are not responding to emails or phone calls.

We can expect to spent at least $10,000 to repair this unit, and even then, it will never be right.

This motorhome was not what we expected to find when we got to Arkansas, and we feel this company owes us some money to help fix it. Apparently, they have no intentions of doing so...thus this report.

Anonymous
Atlanta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2009 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/R-AND-R-SOLUTIONS/GRAVETTE-Arkansas-72736/R-AND-R-SOLUTIONS-JOHN-RAMBADT-SHELLEY-JACKSON-ROBERT-MCNAMARA-SOLD-ME-A-DEFECTIVE-MOTO-444502. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R AND R SOLUTIONS

ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

THE OWNER OF R AND R SOLUTIONS OF GRAVETTE, ARKANSAS, JOHN RAMBADT, HAD HIS STAFF CONTACT ME AFTER RECEIVING A COPY OF THE COMPLAINT I SENT TO EBAY MOTORS REGARDING MY PURCHASE OF THE AFOREMENTIONED MOTORHOME.

AFTER SOME NEGOTIATIONS, R AND R AGREED TO REIMBURSE ME $1500, AND I AGREED TO FREE THEM FROM ANY LIABILITY AND TO LEAVE NO NEGATIVE COMMENTS ON EBAY.

WHEN MR. RAMBADT SAW MY RIPOFF REPORT COMPLAINT, HE CALLED AND ASKED ME TO REMOVE IT. I DID TRY TO DO THIS FOR HIM, BUT APPARENTLY, ONCE YOU FILE ONE OF THESE REPORTS, IT CAN BE EDITED, BUT NOT REMOVED.

THEREFORE, LET IT BE KNOWN TO ALL WHO MAY READ THIS, THAT THE ISSUE HAS BEEN RESOLVED AND THAT THIS COMPANY DID TRY TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT WITH ME.