latest

• Submitted: Thu, April 14, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 22, 2005

• Reported By:Rowlett Texas
R And R Escapes
153 W. 1600 South Suite 201 Saint George, Utah U.S.A.

R And R Escapes Ripoff Telemarketing Scam for Checking Account information disguised as Travel Award Saint George Utah

*Consumer Comment: Received this offer myself at work, They call from Phone number # 866-415-5154

I received a call from a telemarketer explaining I had been chosen to receive a travel award. The telemarketer had a serious Indian accent and was very persistent on my participation. The award was $800 in airline vouchers and lodging. They were also including a discount card for area malls, a travel agents i.d. number for further travel discounts, and more.

I thought the call sounded fraudulent from the beginning. When I asked how I was paying for this package I was told by my checking account. The company had my routing numbers and wanted to confirm my account number. Would I please go get my check book.

When I asked where they received such information about me the explainations were very weak! Some 3 names of a company I don't recall. They sounded equally as phoney as the rest. It did not matter how insulting I was about their scam or how I insisted there was "not a snowball chance in a very warm location" that I was giving them any informaiton , they persisted with me. I found this especially unusual. When I told them they could send me the package C.O.D., the telemarketer whose name I could not understand said no problem. The price went up from $1.95 to $19.95 because they had certain arrangements with the United States Postal Service. They would still need my checking information however.

After I got some information about them, ie. website (under construction Ha!), location, etc. I hung up. I searched the internet and found this site. WOW! What a nation wide scam they are running. I'd love to see everyone of them get nailed. Meanwhile, hope this helps to keep others from succumbing to their scheme.

Chandra
Rowlett, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2005 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/R-And-R-Escapes/Saint-George-Utah-84770/R-And-R-Escapes-Ripoff-Telemarketing-Scam-for-Checking-Account-information-disguised-as-Tr-138781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R And R Escapes

Received this offer myself at work, They call from Phone number # 866-415-5154

AUTHOR: C - (U.S.A.)

I have received the same phone call this morning. Immediately knew this sounded like a scam so I googled the phone number and discovered this site. Apparently they try numerous angles with this scam. They have used the same number on a college grant scam. They tell you that they already have your bank info and need you to confirm. They are very aggressive and actually called me back twice after I hung up on them. Once putting a supervisor on! Thanks for having such a great site!

They call from Phone number #866-415-5154