Complaint Review: R. C. Hill Mitsubishi - Deland

• Submitted: Sun, March 17, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, March 27, 2013

• Reported By: Frustrated — Orlando Florida
R. C. Hill Mitsubishi - Deland
1960 South Woodland Blvd., Deland, FL 32720 Deland, Florida United States of America

R. C. Hill Mitsubishi - Deland Sold car that broke down the same day in less than 2 hours Deland, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Complementary is the same as free

*Author of original report: God is Good!

*Consumer Comment: Here's What The Ad Really Says...

Yesterday I purchased a vehicle from R.C. Hill Mitsubishi- Deland.  I purchased it without the help of a mechanic's approval because of their 90 day warranty.  I reconfirmed with the salesman on the test drive that the company did in fact provide a 90 day warranty with this vehicle.  It was also posted prominently on the ad for the vehicle.

I was given a form to sign with 2 options "sold as is" and "warranty".  I of course declined to sign the "sold as is" form and signed the form indicating  I had a warranty from the dealership.  When I left the dealership I realized I was not given the "warranty form" in my package.  I wasn't really concerned about it at the time, since their ad clearly stated they offered a 90 day warranty on the vehicle.   Shortly after leaving the dealership (within less than 2 hours) the engine of the car started to vibrate erratically and the "service engine soon" light came on.  Since it happened the same afternoon I was sure the dealership would take care of the problem.

Not so fast...I was barely able to coax the vehicle into a parking space in front of my residence.  I had a mechanic come by today who gave a dismal assessment of the vehicle and strongly suggested that unless I liked headaches I should not purchase it (Not that he needed to tell me) I went to the dealership (an hours drive) to find out what my options were.  I was treated with a total lack of respect, was told that there was no warranty form that I signed and it was not in my file (even though my co-signer and I both remembered me signing it).  I was then asked to sign a form for a 90 day warranty through an outside company with a deductible to me.  I was not happy with this suggestion, thought about it, and decided to put the form in my pocket book for future consideration.  The manager (I believe that is who he is) started reaching into my pocket book for the form and demanded it back.  I said "I want to take it with me and think about it"  He replied "that is my property (had my name on it) and you need to give it back".  I hesitated and he grew even more agitated and then stated "give it back or I will call the police"  (I am not kidding) as I hesitated he said it again "give it back or I will call the police"  He had the telephone in his hand.

I considered the options and decided that I was dealing with someone who was capable of "God only nows what" and who would no doubt add a lot of lies to what had occurred, and since I did not wish to roll the dice, I gave him back the form.  He stalked away without another word as to what he planned to do as far as recovering the vehicle, and I and my co-signer left the dealership... for the long ride home.  The car is still parked outside my residence and I am waiting to see if they send someone to pick it up.  The bottom line is when a dealership promises a warranty they should man- up and fix the vehicle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2013 05:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/R-C-Hill-Mitsubishi-Deland/Deland-Florida-32720/R-C-Hill-Mitsubishi-Deland-Sold-car-that-broke-down-the-same-day-in-less-than-2-hours-1035562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R. C. Hill Mitsubishi - Deland

Complementary is the same as free

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

RC Hill Mitsubishi's current advertizing on their website clearly says "COMPLIMENTARY Worry Free 3 MONTH WARRANTY"

RC Hill Mitsubishi's current advertizing on autotrader.com says 'Our Pre-Owned vehicles come with a Three Month Worry-Free Warranty "if it Breaks we FIX IT"'

God is Good!

AUTHOR: Frustrated - ()

I was contacted personally by R. C. Hill.  He listened without interruption as I told him about my experience.

Then everything changed:  My car was picked up and fixed at no expense to me.  I received a written 90 day warranty.  I received an apology from the gentleman who I had the run in with.

I had purchased extended warranty for 3 years through the dealership (something I highly recommend if you are purchasing a used vehicle).  The payments are more affordable because it is a part of the monthly payment.

The car is now running perfectly.  My co-signer and I are happy with the end result.

I acccepted the apology of the staff member, as I realize anyone can have a bad day.  As long as Mr. Hill is at the helm, I have no reservation in recommending this dealership.  I was very impressed with Mr. Hill.  He struck me as someone with great integrity who genuinely wants his customers to have a great buying experience.

Here's What The Ad Really Says...

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

FRom their website, and I quote:  "...RC Hill Mitsubishi offers a Worry-Free 3 month warranty on Pre-Owned vehicles, ask dealer for details."  Note exactly how that statement reads...it says "offers".  It DOES NOT say "Pre-Owned vehicles COME WITH a 3 month warranty", does it?  If that warranty is free, why would you need to "ask for details"?  You would need to "ask for details" to obtain the price of the warranty and note the word "FREE" is in connection with the description of the warranty..."Worry-Free".  Just in case you don't agree with what I've said and have no rebuttal, let me save you the effort...I don't work for them!