Complaint Review: R & L Moving Systems, Inc.

• Submitted: Thu, August 23, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, August 23, 2012

• Reported By: Virginia — Monterey Park California United States of America
R & L Moving Systems, Inc.
3620 Magnum Rd. #12 Houston, Texas United States of America

R & L Moving Systems, Inc. They "lost" electonic items and broke numerous glass items Houston, Texas

I think this company is one of the biggest rip off companys around. I moved everything except the TV (which I purchased in North Dakota) from California to North Dakota the previous year and nothing got broken, dented or "lost"  First of all it was difficut for me as I was in California and my belongings were up in North Dakota. After calling me they informed me that the pick-up would be a couple days late. That was difficult as there had to be someone there and having to have them take off work "again". After they loaded up they informed me that they would have to charge a few hundred dollars more because of the weight. Then they kept rescheduling the delivery date.

Finally the delivery day had arrived. I had them take it to a Public Storage facility until I could locate an apartment. I was sick when I saw what had happened to my belongings. I only had one piece of furniture. It was a wood side chair, which they did wrap for me. They did put a few  other items into boxes (but they did charge for that).

I did notice immediatly that my TV was missing. They said they would note that. When they were unloading I could hear glass rattling in the boxes.I also noted there were a few boxes missing, but I thought I had mis-counted.  (Wrong!!!) I took pictures of everything they broke or damaged. I noticed that my printer was completly destroyed (and it was well packed).It was un-repairable and I had to buy a new one. They also broke many, many antique items; lamp, mirrors, plates, glasses, etc.

I had repacked many items into heavy duty totes as up there boxes were impossible to find. When I asked both the driver and a girl at the claims office how they could smash those totes almost flat when I could stand on them and use them as a step ladder. Also it looked as if they were all left out in the rain. For all that was dammaged, their claims office only wants to give me $52.00. It cost me that much in ink and paper to send in to them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/23/2012 04:17 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/R-L-Moving-Systems-Inc/Houston-Texas-77018/R-L-Moving-Systems-Inc-They-lost-electonic-items-and-broke-numerous-glass-items-Hou-931708. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R & L Moving Systems, Inc.