Complaint Review: R & R Escapes

• Submitted: Mon, February 28, 2005
  • Updated: Tue, March 15, 2005

• Reported By:bayonne New Jersey
R & R Escapes
158 West 1600 South, Suite 201 Saint George, Utah U.S.A.

R & R Escapes ripoff, Unauthorized billing, money scam, rude, poor customer service, frauduent company, beware of this company Saint George Utah *EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back into your bank account!

*Consumer Comment: Great Advice - here's some more

*Consumer Comment: Thank You for this posting and this site in general

Beware of 'R & R Escapes'. It is a fraud company involved in cheating people and their money.

They called me up and said that I was selected for their special travel offer. Even though i mentioned I was not interested, they said that I can cancel the Travel ID within 10 days and I will not be charged of anything.

I cancelled this offer within 4/5 days and they gave me the confirmation number.

But when I checked my account after 13 days or so, it was debited with 149 dollars. I called them up and gave the cancellation confirmation number. They were very rude and told that I cancelled the Travel ID but not the scheme.

Now what the hell is the scheme they are talking about now??

I have been contacting them to get my money back but they just say they can not give it back as it is already deducted.

Somebody needs to take some serious action on them, otherwise they will keep on cheating people.

Bijayalaxmi
bayonne, New Jersey

EDitor's Suggestions on how to get your money back!

HERE IS WHAT RIP-OFF REPORT SUGGESTS YOU DO:

Go to your bank within 60 days of the charge, or as soon as you know about the charge, don't delay, and tell them that there has been fraudulent activity within your account. Explain that you wish to file a dispute, and demand that they assist you in accordance with Federal Regulation E.

According to the majority of victims interviewed by Rip-off Report, those who immediately called their banks to dispute the charges did not get very far. Many victims got the following responses from their banks: we could not do anything for you or you waited too long; it has been more than 60 days.

If the bank is says that you have waited too long, explain to them how you called their 800 number as soon as the charges were found, and were told by the bank that nothing could be done. Remind the bank that they failed to assist you properly at the 800 #, and instead, provided you with an inadequate explanation of your right to dispute. Tell the bank that it's their fault time has expired, and since they gave you the wrong info to begin with, they will just have to deal with it, take the loss and reverse the charges.

Tell them the truth; this was unauthorized and your account was NOT to be charged! Keep emphasizing how you never authorized anything! Direct them to the hundreds of victims reports that were filed on Rip-off Report.com. And if you're at the bank, walk them over to their computer and make them go to this site! If you are on the phone with them, tell them you will wait while they access this site! Either way, be persistent!

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER!

Let them know nicely, that you were advised to Report them (the Bank) and this situation to the Banking Commission in your state. Since each state has a different name for the agency/controller over banks, find that name before you call or get to the bank so you can throw it in their face. The more knowledgeable you appear to be, the further you will get.

And just continue to demand the Federal Regulation E form! The bank CAN, MUST and WILL reverse the charge! But, you must be persistent; ask to speak to the supervisor or the area manager for all the branches in the state.

Let the bank personnel know you are meeting with the media later in the day, that you would much rather they do the right thing (as most other banks have) by looking at the complaints and immediately reversing the charge(s) to your account; no matter how long ago it was. Be sure to call the Media if necessary so you are telling the truth.

If you have to, be loud (but nice) in front of other customers. If you are just calling by phone, the above tactics should still work. The bank can easily fax or mail to you the Federal Regulation E dispute form.

CHARGES TO YOUR CREDIT CARD

If the charge was to your credit card (not debit card, check card, or checking account), contact the credit card company as soon as possible to request a dispute form. Consumers usually have a little longer to dispute fraudulent credit card charges (up to 6 months), but it is better to act right away. In this type of situation, credit card disputes are usually successful since fraudulent companies often won't contest the disputed charge. In rare cases, credit card companies will review disputes, but refuse to reverse the charges. If this occurs, complain to a manager and let them know you will be filing a report here.

Remember Don't let them get away with it! Make sure they make the Rip-off Report .. The more Reports filed on a Company or individual, the more likely it is that the authorities, media and attorneys will want to take action.

And good luck Let us know how you do!

ED Magedson Founder, Rip-off Report.com & Author of www.ripoffrevenge.com
EDitor@RipoffReport.com
badbusinessbureau.com
www.ripoffreport.com

Don't let them get away with it.
Make sure they make the Rip-off Report!

We are not lawyers.
We are not a collection agency.

We are Consumer Advocates.
...the victims' advocate

WE are Civil and Human Rights Activists

We are a Worldwide Consumer Reporting News Agency
...by consumers, for consumers

CLICK HERE to read about Credit Card Scams... find out how to get your money back. *Rip-off Report Investigation provides valuable information.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/28/2005 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/R-R-Escapes/Saint-George-Utah-84770/R-R-Escapes-ripoff-Unauthorized-billing-money-scam-rude-poor-customer-service-fraud-133209. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R & R Escapes

Great Advice - here's some more

AUTHOR: Rodrick - (U.S.A.)

Thanks so much for your posting. That was great advice. I also was contacted by this company and am apparently two days away from the end of my cancellation period. I'm so glad I decided to research this company today.

Here's what happened. First of all, when they call and tell you about the package, it sounds too good to be true. It is! Although they maintain that it's all valid. After you accept they transfer you to some confirmation/legal department where they make you listen to this rapid and lengthy recording to verify that you are going to accept. It sounds fishy and it is! The stupid recording went by so fast I couldn't write down any of the numbers. Apparently you have a 15 day trial period. You have to cancel before it ends. I still have not received my $800 travel vouchers or my two for one cruises. I read your report and the others like it and realized that, if they are counting the weekends, my time was almost up. I immediately called the bank.

HERE'S A WORD TO BANK OF AMERICA CUSTOMERS:

Bank of America does not have a fraud department where you can put the company on record so that no other customers won't be defrauded. However, you can go through customer service and get to the Claims Dispute department. They will record your personal account of the situation in case you have any further issues. Make that call! I was lucky and the $1.95 hadn't even been taken out of my account yet so the claims department couldn't help me. They apparently can't do a stop payment unless you know the Company Name and the Exact Amount of what you are going to be billed. I was going to say R&R and that $79.90 that I keep reading about however, if the amount should come through any different they can't stop it. As to specifically disputing something, of course, that can't happen unless you've been billed. If you have, the good news is, Bank of America receives roughly 20 - 30k claims a day in the range of pennies to thousands and handles them in about a week. Most of the time they get the money back. It's certainly no problem for them to do it if the charge is unauthorized. Therefore, MAKE SURE TO CALL R&R AND CANCEL ALL SUBSEQUENT SERVICES. The best advice I received from the claims dispute rep was to go into a banking center, cancel the account and open a new one. If you have no outstanding claims or charges that should be easy to do. If you have check cards or whatever, you'll have to REQUEST TO KEEP YOUR CARDS.

Anyway, I called R&R to cancel. The rep, I must admit, was very nice. I just explained the situation and said I wanted to make it all go away. She was even able to cancel my services with Unlimited communications (of course) instead of me calling that other number (I called them anyway to verify the cancellation). I was told I couldn't cancel the $1.95 cause I'd authorized that charge but everything else was cancelled and I could keep the $800 vouchers and the two for one cruise. OH, by the way, the bank also suggested sending the vouchers and stuff back return receipt requested in case you do wind up having to make a claim. That way you've received nothing and cancelled the services and, when you get the receipt, they can't say they didn't get there stuff back.

Thanks Again

Thank You for this posting and this site in general

AUTHOR: Rachel - (U.S.A.)

I received a call today from this same "company" (R&R Escapes) today, telling me that I, too, was selected for a Special Travel Offer. The representative named Jason said that for $1.95 I could receive $800.00 in travel/flight vouchers. I would only have to provide my checking account information, so I was immediately questioning the validity of this offer.

I asked the employee for a direct phone number that I could call him back at first of all, to see if he really was an employee- and he could only provide a customer service phone number, which you listed already. I told him that I was uncomfortable giving this information to any caller. He said he could schedule a callback for an hour later if I liked to give me time to call the number and confirm he was an employee. I called the number, the representative was friendly enough, but simply put my on hold- coming back to the line, telling me that it was an employee of theirs that had called, but had no means of transferring me to Jason.

I still did not feel comfortable, and decided to do a quick internet search for R&R Escapes on the internet before Jason's scheduled callback. The first site I found was this one- and I just wanted to say THANKS! I know $1.95 is not much to lose when compared to other scams, but I have enough sense to know that once someone has access to your account, the amount billed may be different than what was promised, or possibly even multiple (unauthorized) charges. Also, any company with unethical practices, such as their "Cancellation policy" (if you can call it a policy) and billing, you can pretty much bet you are going to be taken. If an offer seems too good to pass up, chances are your best option is to do just that! Thanks again for the information (and this website)!