Complaint Review: R & R Escapes

• Submitted: Mon, April 04, 2005
  • Updated: Mon, April 04, 2005

• Reported By:Eliz New Jersey
R & R Escapes
148 West 1600 South Saint George, Utah U.S.A.

R & R Escapes Ripoff Attempt bank account number Saint George Utah

My 13 year old got a call from "Pete Johnson" employee # 2209 claiming he was eligible for $800 worth of airline vouchers and some free hotel nights. He gave the phone to me. This did not seem to bother "Pete". He continue on with his spiel.

Finally, he needed to verify who I was and asked for my bank account #. I refused to give it to him. He pressed hard about how he understands how there are scams on the web, etc. Finally, I told him my account number was 12345671. He questioned that number but then let it go and put on his "supervisor". His supervisor was not so quick to let that account number go. I said that I was not confortable trusting someone named "Pete Johnson" who has a distictly Indian accent.

The supervisor said that was only his "business name". I asked why I could not find his company on the web. He told me to look at "rrescapes.com". When I told him there was not site there he said "Oh, it is under construction". Good one! Needless to say I would not give him any more information. I told him to call me back in 48 hours after I had a chance to check into his company. He hung up after that.

**** NEVER give your bank account number to anyone who calls you!! Even if your own bank calls, they should know your number and should not have to ask for it.

Eliz, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2005 08:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/R-R-Escapes/Saint-George-Utah/R-R-Escapes-Ripoff-Attempt-bank-account-number-Saint-George-Utah-137554. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R & R Escapes