Complaint Review: R & R Escapes

• Submitted: Fri, April 15, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, April 15, 2005

• Reported By:Indianapolis Indiana
R & R Escapes
158 W. 1600 South St. George, Utah U.S.A.

R & R Escapes Ripoff wants checking account information St. George Utah

A representative by the name of "Mary Johnson" called me at work and told me that I had been chosen to recieve $800 in free travel vouchers to use on airlines and hotels. She verified some general information. She told me that she would send me the information in the mail.

I told her that was fine. She then asked what bank I used. I told her and then she said that she needed my account number to "verify" that I am the person traveling. I told her that I don't have that information redily available and furthermore, that I didn't feel comfortable giving her that information.

She then continued on saying that she wasn't trying to sell me anything she just needed to verify that I was the one traveling. Again I told her no and that she could send me the information in the mail. She said fine and hung up.

The next day, someone else from there called wanting the same information. I told him that I had already told Mary Joseph that I didn't feel comfortable giving my account information over the phone to a company that I have never heard of.

He became rather irate and pressed on trying to get my information. I told him that I wasn't interested if I had to provided my account information. He said that was my choice and then I hung up on him.

I would just hang up if they ever call you. It is amazing how they can get information so fast. I don't know how they got my work number. My line isn't even the main one.

Indianapolis, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2005 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/R-R-Escapes/St-George-Utah-84770/R-R-Escapes-Ripoff-wants-checking-account-information-St-George-Utah-138959. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R & R Escapes