Complaint Review: R V Marketing Inc

R V Marketing Inc
2016 Borneman Avenue Elkhart, Indiana United States of America

R V Marketing Inc Surplus Online RVandVanSurplus.com Elkhart, Indiana

*Author of original report: Resolved

We have placed 3 orders with this company, one for RV replacement furniture and the other two for fabric.   The first order, the furniture was placed on 2/5/12.  Website states furniture items ship in 7 to 10 days. The first clue that this company is unethical was the fact that the promised receipt by email never came.  First after a week or two the owner, Bob (Robert Vogelzang) called and said there wasn't enough fabric to upholster the furniture and send our fabric order.  So we told him to cancel and refund the fabric order and move ahead with the furniture.  Several weeks went by.  No refund for the canceled fabric order.  We called and were told it would ship "Friday".  Another week went by and we called and were told the same thing - "Friday".  Then another week, when we were told that there was a problem with the hinges on the sofa but that they had received the missing parts and it would be shipped the following week.  Then, nothing.  Again.  We have now, two full weeks ago cancelled the order.  Upon cancellation, Bob said he would either refund via the credit card we used for payment or send a check.  Still nothing.  I called Friday, 4/27 and was told he was busy and would call me back to let me know status of refund.  I called today, Monday, 4/30 and was told Bob was on the phone and would call me back.  Still nothing.  I have never been taken advantage of like this!  It will definitely make me think twice and do lots of research on a company before ordering online again!  I cannot believe all the complaints about this guy that I have found on the internet.  He even markets himself as a "Veteran's owned business"!  Do NOT buy anything from this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2012 04:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/R-V-Marketing-Inc/Elkhart-Indiana-46517/R-V-Marketing-Inc-Surplus-Online-RVandVanSurpluscom-Elkhart-Indiana-876257. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R V Marketing Inc

Resolved

AUTHOR: SLindsey - (United States of America)

I filed a report with the Indiana Attorney General's office and also sent Bob at Surplus Online an email telling him I did so.  All but one of our purchases has been refunded.  They still owe us $115 but at least we got most of the total of $1700 back.