Complaint Review: RAC Acceptance

• Updated: Thu, August 12, 2010

• Reported By: Texas Customer — Rockdale Texas United States of America
RAC Acceptance
1201 Earl Rudder Fwy S College Station, Texas United States of America

RAC Acceptance This is the financing company through Ashley Furniture delivered used furniture when I paid for new, then signed me up for insurance and loss protection plan without my permission College Station, Texas

I purchased a sofa and loveseat on 6/23/2010. I didn't receive the merchandise as originally agreed upon. The College Station store delivered the showroom furniture instead of the new furniture I purchased. I called and complained and my furniture didn't arrive until August. My first payment was due before I even had my furniture and I hadn't received anything to even know I owed a payment.

My first bill arrived for $12.99 and this apparently was for a Discount Medical Plan that I declined upon entering in the contract with you. I called Hector and he assured me it was a mistake and that alot of people had also received this statement. He assured me it would be taken care of. I made my first payment on August 6, 2010 after Hector in the College Station office called me to inform me it was delinquent.

I paid an additional amount to be applied to the principal, not to be held in "suspense" as the statement shows. I am attaching the information I received for you reference. Please note, I do not want any discount medical plan nor do I want the insurance you offer with this furniture purchase. All the money I pay in after the interest I would like applied to the remaining principal balance.

Hector discussed my payment should be $207 therefore, I paid $250.00.   I was told I had to sign up for the Optional Loss Damage until I provided you with a copy of my home owners insurance and I faxed that in within 2 days of my purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2010 05:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAC-Acceptance/College-Station-Texas-77845/RAC-Acceptance-This-is-the-financing-company-through-Ashley-Furniture-delivered-used-furni-630825. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAC Acceptance