Complaint Review: RAC Acceptance

• Updated: Wed, October 19, 2011

• Reported By: Jeannie — Texas City Texas United States of America
RAC Acceptance
10900 Gulf Freeway Houston, Texas United States of America

RAC Acceptance Contract paid out, actually overpaid, I have certificate paid out receipt. RAC still saying I owe Houston, Texas

I bought a sofa love seat set, and a bedroom set (Dresser mirror, nightstand, and headboard/foot board) from Exclusive Furniture, totaling $3000 total, tax included. RAC Acceptance is set up inside of Exclusive Furniture. I filled out a contract with them In June of 2011 to finance my furniture for 2 years. I actually paid it out in 2 1/2 months. Come to find out, no matter how much I paid they were only applying my minimum payment which was $149 towards my balance and putting my overage in what they call a suspense account. I never paid the minimum, I always paid large amounts. When I came in the store in September to pay the furniture off at which time my balance should have been $150 they're now saying I still owe $700. we argued back and forth I showed her all my receipts where I had paid large sums. Her computer showed different amounts that I had paid. She stated it was because they have to take out for insurance etc which was about a $15 dollar difference.

She called her boss on the phone arguing back and forth about I have my receipts and they don't match up with whats in the computer. The boss lowered my balance to $500. I told him no that's still not right. I left the store. I come in the store again and amke another payment of $180 on October 27th and she tells me we shouldn't have taken your payment because you have over $700 dollars in your suspense account (Overage). I said that's what I've been trying to tell you. She said we owe you $239 dollars which will be mailed in 7 to 10 days. She gave me my paid out Certificate. That night she called me back and said My computer was  $500 short, I made a mistake your payout was $1200. You still owe us $ 500 more dollars. The problem is they wanted me to take 2 years to pay the account out so I could end up paying $8000. I paid it out in 2 and a half months.

I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. THEY ARE A BIG RIP-OFF. I SHOULD HAVE READ THE REVIEWS FIRST AND SAW ALL THE NEGATIVE REPORTS ABOUT THEM HOW THEY HAVE RIPPED OFF SOOOOOO MANY OTHER PEOPLE.
Jeannie, Texas City, TX

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/19/2011 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAC-Acceptance/Houston-Texas-77034/RAC-Acceptance-Contract-paid-out-actually-overpaid-I-have-certificate-paid-out-receipt-790492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAC Acceptance