Complaint Review: RAC Acceptance

2021 N TOWN EAST BLVD STE 1050 MESQUITE, Texas United States of America

RAC Acceptance Unfriendly and Unhelpful Staff MESQUITE , Texas

*Consumer Comment: RAC ACCEPTANCE TRUTH

*Consumer Comment: RAC

Entered into a lease agreement June 29, had entire "loan" paid off by December 3. Was told I was the "ideal customer" made every payment on time and paid off computer early. Because of this, they told me to come in, and if I entered into a new lease agreement the same day I paid the other one off, that I could get $100 off my down payment, or if I didn't enter a new agreement that same day but rather entered into a new one within 5 days , that I would get $50 off down payment.

So of course, went there straight after work, paid my agreement off then tried to lease something else that was actually cheaper. Was told I had to re-do my app since it was old. So, ok it had been 5 months...maybe I did have to re-do it. pain in the butt, but I started on the app. While filling out the app, was told everything will have to be re-verified although absolutely nothing had changed. And in order to get my equipment that day, the manager would have to sign off on it. (By the way, when I got to the store in person, the offer of getting $100 for same day down payment wasn't the case. They said it could only be $50 off.)

So, anyway, of course the manager had stepped out. When I asked when she would return, the woman told me that the manager wouldn't be back that night. Really frustrated by this point! So, I asked what time she would be in the next day. I was told she wouln't be in the next day. So I said that I didn't suppose she would be in the day after that either....and was told no, she wouldn't. Now its 5 days later, and I'm calling this location and they say the manger "Ashley" (probably not even the real manager) will be in all day, and that I can come up there, but i'm reminded everything will have to be verified again even though nothing had changed and I was the "ideal customer". Well then I get a phone call about 5 minuted later, saying (you guessed it!) the manager had a family emergency and wouldn't be in today! Imagine that!

Guess you get punished for paying off your agreement early! Thats all I can figure was the reason they are straight up giving me the run around unless its only because of the measley $50 off down payment their scared off. Either way, I'll find another way to build up my credit score since they haven't even reported anything to the credit companies yet, and that was the ENTIRE reason I went through this hell in the first place. I didn't need a computer.....I NEED to build my credit score, and they made the promise they would, and I've seen no reflection of it yet on my credit report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2011 10:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAC-Acceptance/MESQUITE-Texas-75150/RAC-Acceptance-Unfriendly-and-Unhelpful-Staff-MESQUITE-Texas-806623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAC Acceptance

RAC ACCEPTANCE TRUTH

AUTHOR: hart2983 - (United States of America)

As to the previous response listed above RAC and RAC acceptance are two different things. RAC has a seperate company in which I use that does show up on your credit report. THey actually report to experian. I have two accounts with them and have seen a positive increase on my credit. Once again this is not Rent A Center its called RAC acceptance which is a part of Rent A Center.

RAC

AUTHOR: TruthSayer - (USA)

NO rental company reports to the credit bureaus.  Do you not know that ???  It's a RENTAL company, not a BANK, not a CREDIT company nor a FINANCE company.  I'm not taking anyone's side here.  It's just that you need to know the realities of credit building.  And as far as that goes, rental companies will get you no where !  As for RAC.....well, there are good managers, and there are bad managers.  Unfortunately, the bad appear to out weigh the good.