Complaint Review: RAC - Rent A Center

• Updated: Fri, August 28, 2009

• Reported By: VALERIE — IRVING Texas USA
RAC - Rent A Center
2718 W IRVING BLVD STE A IRVING, Texas United States of America

RAC - Rent A Center I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER OF RENT A CENTER SINCE 1998 ND I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TOSHBA 52 INCH TV FROM THEM WHICH TOOK ME OVER 2YRS TO PAY OFF..WELL ONCE I PAID THE TV OFF APPROXIMATELY 2 MONTHS AGO IT S IRVING, Texas

* : Am I reading this right??

I HAVE BEEN A CUSTOMER OF RENT A CENTER SINCE 1998 ND I RECENTLY PURCHASED A TOSHBA 52 INCH TV FROM THEM WHICH TOOK ME OVER 2YRS TO PAY OFF..WELL ONCE I PAID THE TV OFF APPROXIMATELY 2 MONTHS AGO IT STOPPED WORKING,....WHEN I CALLED THE MGR TRIED TO SELL ME ANOTHER TV INSTEAD OF OFFERING TO REPAIR THE ONE I HAVE...I HAVE PURCHASED NUMEROUS APPLIANCES AND TV'S FROM RAC AND THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE BEEN REFUSED SERVICE....BEFORE I PAID OFF THE TV I ASKED THEM FOR SERVICE AND NO ONE EVER PICKED MY TV UP OR CALLED TO  SCHEDULE ME FOR SERVICE..THE TV I PURCHASED IN 1998 WAS REPAIRED BY THEM IN 2007 AT NO COST TO ME....I DONT KNOW WHY THIS MGR IS BEING SO DIFFICULT...IF I MISS A PYMT A DAY THEY CALL ME REPEATEDLY LEAVING MESSAGES ON MY PHONE NOT KNOWING IF SOMEONE OTHER THAN MYSELF MAYBE RETRIEVING THE MESSAGES...I HAVE BEEN CALLED A b***h BY ONE OF THIER EMPLOYEES AND THEY HAVE RIPPED ME OFF OR HAD EMPLOYEE'S THAT RIPPED ME OFF....PLEASE BEWARE OF RAC AT THIS LOCATION....AT TIMES THEY ARE HELPFUL BUT ALL IN ALL THEY RIPPED ME OFF AND IM SO PISSED ABOUT IT....

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 06:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAC-Rent-A-Center/IRVING-Texas-75061/RAC-Rent-A-Center-I-HAVE-BEEN-A-CUSTOMER-OF-RENT-A-CENTER-SINCE-1998-ND-I-RECENTLY-PURC-486436. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAC - Rent A Center

#1

Am I reading this right??

AUTHOR: ReactorCore - (Canada)

You're expecting the RAC to be responsible for the repair of the TV after the contract period is over and the TV is at least two years old???

Are you kidding??

RAC isn't a repair center, and the manufacturer's warrantee on the TV would be long expired by now. Even if you had invested in extended protection of some sort, you'd still have to send the TV back to the original manufacturer, not RAC, they have nothing to do with repairs outside of the range of the warrantee or the time span of the lease. They're done with you, and rightly so.

Of course the manager is going to try to ell you another TV... that's his job. Especially in this (sadly) throw away society where people go through personal and electronics more often than they change underwear.