meat

• Updated: Fri, July 16, 2010

• Reported By: Matt — Ok Oklahoma USA
RAC - Rent A Center

RAC - Rent A Center Beware of Rent a Center , Internet

I will start by saying I had been a Rent a Center customer for roughly 10 years before any of this heppened.  And had paid off many things.  I had to start traveling for work so I thought I would furnish my travel trailer with a Computer, TV, And PS3.  I asked them if it was ok if I was to do that.  They said it was fine (because I was a long time customer).  For about a year everything was going fine until while working a 20hr shift my trailer was broken into.  A police report was filed, and plent of pictures were taken.  I informed them of the problem, and they told me I had to just keep paying.  I asked them if the insurance (i was paying extra for) would cover it.  They said no.  My trailer insurance would not cover it either.  So for 6 more months I kept paying for the items until I lost my job and simply could not afford to pay them.  So I start getting the usual harrassment.  Then one day I get a knock on my door and it is our local RAC employee saying that if I could pay 1100.00 we could settle this issue.  I told him it is unlikely but I will try my best.  It did not happen and a month later I get a summons, and they are suing me for 5000 dollars!!  I could not make the court date due to me getting a new job and having to be out of state.  When they start garnishing my check I fill paperwork to get it lowered.  On that court date the freaking scumbag tells the judge that I stole from them and that it should not be lowered.  Then he tells the judge that I pawned the TV 150 miles from where I was.  I asked the employee if they checked with the pawn shop and got a name.  He said no.  I ASKED him if I could get the info and he said NO. So I cannot even go after the poeple that probably broke into my trailer.  I told the judge he is charging me with a whole new agreement and that I only had six months left.  But he said it was my fault for not making the original court date.  And I did agree.  My last garnishment came out today.  I paid 10000 dollars for something that should have cost me 5000 dollars for 24 months worth of payments.  I have all the proof and the original contracts and I plan on getting half my money back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2010 04:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAC-Rent-A-Center/internet/RAC-Rent-A-Center-Beware-of-Rent-a-Center-Internet-623964. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAC - Rent A Center