Complaint Review: RAC( rent a center)

• Submitted: Fri, January 13, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 04, 2013

• Reported By: Dee-dee — fort mill South Carolina United States of America
RAC( rent a center)
11320 Carolina Place Pk Pineville, North Carolina United States of America

RAC, rent a center, Big Ripoff, Pineville , North Carolina

*Consumer Comment: According to Errica...

*General Comment: Surprises

*Consumer Comment: A Fair Question

*Consumer Comment: WOW aren't we nice!

*Consumer Comment: RAC

*Consumer Comment: I would guess Ashley ran a credit check on you, and...

*Consumer Comment: Oh really?

On November 10th of 2011, I went to Ashely Furniture to puchase furniture. They told me to come to the rac department and there will be no credit check well I did. Not knowning that this was rent to own so I was very excited to come to find out that you are paying double for your furniture. I have spended 800 or more dollars to find out that I have only paid about 300 on my furniture. It sound good but if it is not explained to you it will rip you off cause that is what has happen to me. I never wanted to be with a renter to pay for anything. You only find out when it is to late. so please do not get invovle with rac you will be rip-off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2012 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAC-rent-a-center/Pineville-North-Carolina-28134/RAC-rent-a-center-Big-Ripoff-Pineville-North-Carolina-822345. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAC( rent a center)

According to Errica...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

RAC is counting on the stupidity of their customers.

Who's to argue that point?

Good observation, Errica.

"Surprises
AUTHOR: Errica - Chicago (United States of America)
SUBMITTED: Wednesday, February 15, 2012POSTED: Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Let me rephrase sense you people tend to pounce if someone is not exact in there statement. The surprises appear to those that don't read the fine print and only listen to what the salesmen tell you. Information is misquoted in order to get people to sign up. I know this because I am friends with a RAC employee. If they were truthful in thier representation no one would sign up. the word "Fee" is used instead of interest. Nothing they do requires over $100.00 in "Fees". These are some of the surprises you discover if you don't read the fine print and RAC is counting on it."

#2 General Comment

Surprises

AUTHOR: Errica - (United States of America)

A Fair Question

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

The female who talked about surprises...what are these surprises?

WOW aren't we nice!

AUTHOR: Errica - (United States of America)

Unfortunately some of us have little control over our lives and feel it neccesary to get on the Rip Off report and bash people. Unfortunately you fell for the bait, if you have bad credit the RAC program seems good on the surface but it is full of surprises. I would suggest you find away to pay off the balance and cut your loses. A lesson learned is what Isay

RAC

AUTHOR: TruthSayer - (USA)

How true.  You must really be a moron as well as a deadbeat ( though the two generally go hand in hand ).  It appears that you have only 3 choices here:

(1) Continue paying until the merchandise is yours.  (2) Come up with $300 and pay it off.  (3) Send it back.  It's pretty much up to you as to which course you take.  And, as the above poster stated, Rent A Center is not the culprit in this rip off.  You have indeed ripped off yourself.  And, by the way, you really should go back to school and learn the English language.

I would guess Ashley ran a credit check on you, and...

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

decided your business would be better with RAC.

When your credit's in the dumper like, apparently, yours, you get to rent things.

The only Ripoff I see is in the school system that Ripped you off.

Oh really?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

- Guess what Einstein there is no credit check if you pay by cash either.   So one can only figure that you went in WANTING credit.  One could also figure that you filled out the application and was denied(or you knew you would be denied).

Or did you really think that "rac" meant "Really Awesome Credit" and you were going to be able to walk out of the store paying a few dollars with no interest?

- So if you have only paid $300 why not return it if you are this disgusted.

I never wanted to be with a renter to pay for anything.
- Then SAVE up your money and pay cash.  Because even by a regular credit card you are going to pay at least some interest.

You only find out when it is to late.

- Really it was too late?  That's funny because it is never too late to back out of a deal BEFORE you sign.  That's right when they put the agreement in front of you, you could have said No Thank You and moved on.

loose