Complaint Review: R.A.C.

• Reported By: R.A.C. rip offs — chico California
R.A.C.
pillsbury rd chico, California United States of America

R.A.C. they lied did NOT uphold thier agreement chico, California

Last year, i purchased furniture through "rent a center" i paid off 3 of the items i purchased. I was never late on a payment, until my home was robbed, everytging was taken/ruined. I did not have insurance, there for i really appreciated rent a center helping me delinquish the account. Well i had all of those things finished and finally taken care of, i had to move and thanked rent a center a great deal for helping me.
Soon after i moved rent a center called me and asked if i wanted to start a new account, i told them i would rather not i had fallen behind on my bills are car payment due to the robbery, well the gentelmen working that day told me " well we can credit that 2,000$ from your previous account to your new one." So i was so excited i agreed. went in the next day picked out my fruiniture signed the contract and got my things the next day. Well i went in to make a payment and spoke to the gentleman that helped me with my account. He procceded to tell me he could no longer credit the 2,000$ twards my account due to the new maneger. i was pissed at that point i felt scammed and lied to!
So i continued making my payments for 6 months i am now pregnant with a "high risk" pregnancy, i read in the agreement if something like this shall happen as to a sickness, illness, loss of job etc.. they will work with you and reduce your payment plan for the time being, THEY HAVE DONE NO SUCH THING! they have harrased me on end told me they WILL not accept a payment unless its a certian amount? i am very confused and angry with their tactics! I wanted to change rent a centers to the town i live in now AND THEY WILL NOT LET ME! they are about 45 mins away and expect me to come to them? i have no clue what to do this is all a mess and i feel scammed!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/24/2013 02:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAC/chico-California-95928/RAC-they-lied-did-NOT-uphold-thier-agreement-chico-California-1037505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R.A.C.