Complaint Review: RAM Theater Services

• Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: RAM Victim #3 — United States of America
RAM Theater Services
11120 Laughton Circle Ft. Myers, Florida United States of America

RAM Theater Services Shaun Boylan, Michael J. Boylan, Shaun Reilly, Shaun Riley, Michael Reilly, et.al. I'm another victim, don't send money to RAM Theater Services!!! Ft. Myers, Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Been Ripped off ?

*Consumer Comment: WHO will you be NEXT Michael Shaun?

*Author of original report: Shaun vs. Michael???

*General Comment: To Shaun

*Author of original report: Shaun Has No Money

*Consumer Comment: Are you serious?

*General Comment: Money

*General Comment: Why Defend

*Consumer Comment: I'm a Former Publisher

*General Comment: Michael James Boylan

*General Comment: Why

*Consumer Comment: Appreciate the advice, but...

*General Comment: Dont Be Afraid

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Yet another victim of RAM Theater Services and Shaun Boylan

I published with RAM Theater Services for two magazines, and on my third magazine I prepaid some of my fees for what was stated as a (bogus) "large paper buy". Even though I could not publish my magazine due to personal issues, I was told by Shaun Boylan numerous times that I would be refunded my prepayment. That has never happened!!!!

I have requested my refund (RAM Theater Services incurred no costs on my behalf with the money I sent) but I have yet to see that money. That was back in April 2012 and it involves a few thousand dollars.

I recommend you DO NOT send a penny to RAM Theater Services because it's money you may NEVER see again!!!! I'm living proof of that!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2012 09:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAM-Theater-Services/Ft-Myers-Florida-33913/RAM-Theater-Services-Shaun-Boylan-Michael-J-Boylan-Shaun-Reilly-Shaun-Riley-Michael-R-926453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAM Theater Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Been Ripped off ?

AUTHOR: FLORIDA ECONOMIC''S CRIME - (United States of America)

Call Lee County Econimic Crime Division 239-477-1100 .

Det. Snodgrass

WHO will you be NEXT Michael Shaun?

AUTHOR: PublisherX - (USA)

Not sure where Ames - Reston got the photo but thanks and it is Michael S. Boylan who changed the ownership name of CCM from Michael J Boylan to Michael S, Boylan in 2009, (anyone can find that document on SunBiz). We X publishers of Coupon, Movie and Menu Magazine know this man as Shaun. The printers of the magazine know him as a person with the last name Reilly with the exception of one Macon Georgia printing company PanaPrint who actually knew him as Shaun and the President of that company alerted me to the Capital Color Mail and QuadGraphics history.... told me to just google Michael S. Boylan.

In 2010 he was operating as RAM Marketing and set up Aarron Green at Green's home address to mail our certified bank checks to from 2010 until end of 2011. They had a falling out in Dec 2011, Shaun said it was because Green was section 8.. I wonder. Green disappearred in December 2011, aprox 40 days after I mailed certified funds made out to RAM Marketing to Greens home address mid Nov 2011 for an upcoming HOLIDAY issue. Certified funds were paid and art complete in timely fashion, not late as directed by Shaun, I have my receipts and proofs of mailing. And just as the orignal poster of this thread, I had even prepaid also for a bogus, "large paper buy" well in advance of deadlines. The printer American Web refutes that Shaun prepaid a paper buy for the Holiday issue and we have an email that supports that. Green was operating under 3 Seed Media. 3 Seed is on SunBiz as well.

The HOLIDAY magazine I sent funds for was to print and mail in early Dec 2011 with coupon expirations set for Feb 14, 2012. Was told on Dec 29, 2011 by Shaun that THEY didnt have funds to pay the postage to American Web in Denver Colorado and would have to wait until deposits from other publishers started arriving for the 1st press event in 2012. My magazines finally got mailed in time for only 13 days of redemption by consumers.

There's LOTS more to the story all buried in 1000's upon 1000's of emails to MULTIPLE publishers and printers who have all retained their records, but part of it is the shift from RAM Marketing to RAM 3Seed Media to RAM Theater Services and the new person to mail checks to the Laughton Circle address to the attention of John Lare.

Shaun vs. Michael???

AUTHOR: Another RAM Victim - (United States of America)

To Ames - Reston,

Why do you state that you know Mr. Boylan only as Michael, yet you include a picture of him with a nametag around his neck that clearly says "Shaun"?

How do you know Shaun? How did you get this picture of him?

#4 General Comment

To Shaun

AUTHOR: Ames - (USA)

I never wrote You like little Boy's or anything about a Hotel.
You gave Yourself away.

FORT MYERS, FL 33913
FEI/EIN Number: NONE
Document Number: NON

Shaun Has No Money

AUTHOR: Another RAM Victim - (United States of America)

To Ames - Reston (USA)

First of all, Shaun has never had 14 publishers at one time so I doubt he has that many now. But let's say you're correct.....if Shaun had $75,000 at his disposal, why is he passing bad checks? Why can't he pay his rent and therefore has been evicted from his rental property?

Shaun, aka Michael, is losing his ability to recruit new publishers as several of his new recruits are calling former publishers and learning about his scam, or they are finding these posts on the Internet. Several ex-publishers who have been scammed out of money by Shaun Boylan and RAM Theater Services are posting here so that any new, unsuspecting recruits of Shaun's who perform their due diligence will find these posts and hopefully not send a penny to Shaun Boylan/RAM Theater Services. That's our purpose.

I agree with Former Publisher in Kansas City (whom I know very well)......if Shaun Boylan is found and has any money at all, the IRS will get their $2 million before I get my $2500. QuadGraphics is in line before me.....and they will get their $20 million before I get my $2500. So I refuse to waste another cent on an attorney to file a lawsuit against Shaun.

The pen is mightier than the sword

Are you serious?

AUTHOR: Former_Publisher - (USA)

It's hard to have a discussion with someone who can't spell or use proper punctuation...or who clearly can't read.

How am I defending him?  At no point in any of my posts have I ever defended Shaun.  In fact, it's been quite the contrary!  If you would take the time to go through all the posts I've posted, and truly read them, you'd see that I've argued plenty of times WITH Shaun and am the person who's posted multiple links to all his legal and financial troubles I could find and posted them here on Ripoff Report to help other people learn the truth so they wouldn't be taken advantage of.  By posting these things about Shaun, it has resulted in retaliation by Shaun against me and my business.  It doesn't take a genius to read the various postings to see that I'm not Shaun, as all my posts are about proving he's a liar and a thief.

If you think that I'm defending Shaun because I don't believe in throwing my money away to legally pursue him then that's your problem.  Several publishers have already attempted to take Shaun to court and they've ended up spending so much money on attorney's fees, investigators, and process servers that it was no longer worth it.

Do you know who QuadGraphics is?  Do you know their story with Shaun?  If you did you would know that even their legal team has a hard time keeping up with Shaun and where he's at.  They won a lawsuit worth more than $20 million and get first dibs on anything Shaun has or owns.  That $20 million dollars trumps anyone else's stolen money.

What's the point in suing if you get nothing out of it other than high debt?  Only someone young and unwise would attempt to sue someone that has already lost their Florida home, been evicted, writes bad checks, owes the IRS, etc.  Do you know how court works?  Even if you get Shaun served the papers to subpoena him to court, he wouldn't show up because he's skipped out of court cases before.  Even if you won and got a judgement against him, you would never get any money!!  The only thing you would get is legal fees that you would have to pay for.  But hey, if you got the money and want to chase after him, go for it!

The reason why Shaun's scam works is because he fools other people.  When trying to do research on Shaun and his company, RAM Theater Services, no information used to come up.  I started this as a means for other unsuspecting people to see the results of others doing business with Shaun.  Now when Shaun attempts to recruit people, the ones who search for him will hopefully come across these posts and can now see the truth.

When you say, "People all know by now that there is no Shaun !", what do you mean?  Are you calling US liars because that's the name we know him by?  Are you serious?  We don't know him as the Michael you refer to him as because that's not the name he gave us, signed contracts with, signed emails as, etc.  When you go a year calling someone Shaun, guess what?...that's the name you know them as!  You call him whatever you want...I'll keep referring to him the same way I have over the last year.

Btw, Where the hell did you come from?  You seemed to jump into this discussion out of nowhere.  Everyone that has posted up until you jumped in has been either a former publisher or Shaun (pretending to be a couple other people).  All of a sudden you pop up and no one knows who you are.  Funny enough, you're posting Shaun's arrest from June that I already posted a link to when I posted - making you late to our party.

Maybe you are Shaun and you're fishing for information.  It just seems odd that you have no clue who we are and why we even started this thread.  Even more odd is that you're accusing the very person who started this campaign against Shaun as the person who is Shaun.

You just post random stuff that doesn't make sense, mostly because you can't spell or use punctuation.  Furthermore, you post a lot of stuff that seems personal - how would you know where Shaun lived?  What hotel he was staying in?  Who was funding him?  Who's name was on his bank accounts?  If he liked boys?  This is a lot of personal information that only someone close to Shaun - or IS Shaun - would know.

Shaun knows who I am because I've pissed him off enough that he's posted lies about me.  The other publishers on this forum know who I am because we all keep in contact.  The only mystery person here is you.  You give the impression of knowing Shaun but can't seem to discern his posts from the posts of people against him.  In fact, you come across as someone very young and immature.  Care to tell us who you are and how you know Shaun?

I'm still not sure what your beef with Shaun is and, quite frankly, I don't care.  But you're making accusations towards people you don't know.  People who are attempting to shed light on Shaun's scams.  Be a little respectful of those of us that are trying to put a stop to Shaun...or whatever the hell you call him.  So either join the fight or piss off.

#7 General Comment

Money

AUTHOR: Ames - (USA)

Michael has Money 14 publisher's times $5290= $74,060 !

Not Stolen From Quad

#8 General Comment

Why Defend

AUTHOR: Ames - (USA)

Wht Defend Michael if You are not Him ?
you started the forum to throw everyone off course and see what people will say about You !
You tell people what to so You dont Pay and know what You can get away with !
People all know by now that there is no Shaun ! It's a Name You made up Year's ago when You
were doing the same thing. So Stop the B.S. and dont write because Your  no help

I'm a Former Publisher

AUTHOR: Former_Publisher - (USA)

First, I refer to "him" as Shaun because that's how most of us publishers knew him.  We didn't know him as Michael until I started doing my research and found documents listing his name as both Michael J. Boylan and Michael S. Boylan.  We continue to call him Shaun because that is what we know him as.

I am not Shaun.  I am a former publisher (check the screen name) and I am the one who started posting on Ripoff Report first about the lies and scams that Shaun is running.  Here is my original post:

My advice to not sue was obvious.  If Shaun, or Michael if you prefer, had money (at least money we could get to), then QuadGraphics would be getting paid, the IRS would be getting paid, etc.  Not one of his former publishers will ever see their money.  Shaun may end up in jail, but he'll NEVER pay back the people he's stolen from.

#10 General Comment

Michael James Boylan

AUTHOR: Ames - (USA)

Michael,why do You hide behind fake name's ?
Cant You come out and take it.
How do You like the new place You moved to ?  How is Mr. Lombillo serving You ?
You next charge coming against You will not allow You Bond ?
Then You will be with the Big Boy's !  You will like that

#11 General Comment

Why

AUTHOR: Ames - (USA)

Why do You refer to him as Shaun ?
It sound's like You are Michael and You do have money just under someone than your  name.
Why have You been hiding 3 Years ?
There are other charge's criminal coming against You soon.
If You have no money how did You Bond out with away out bail bond's and hire a high price
Attorney to defend You with Your 2 forgeries ?

You going to need it for Your next charges !

Appreciate the advice, but...

Reston Publisher,

Most of us are aware of the legal and financial issues with Shaun Boylan and RAM Theater Services.  Most of us have come together and keep in regular contact.  You are a new one to me - are you a former publisher as well?

Suing Shaun or RAM will get you nowhere.  The man has no money and owes QuadGraphics more than $20 million and the IRS more than $2 million.  I guarantee you that they will get their money first before anyone else.  There is no point in throwing good money after bad.

Shaun may try to disappear and reappear later under another identity or business name.  Be advised, there are a handful of victimized former publishers that will spend their days working to prevent him from doing so.

We recommend filing complaints with the Lee County Sheriff's Department, the Florida Attorney General, the FBI, and the FTC (Federal Trade Commission).  We also recommend contacting local Florida newspapers, news stations and the like and file complaints to their "investigative" units.

Don't waste your time trying to sue as you'll never get money from a thief.

#13 General Comment

Dont Be Afraid

AUTHOR: Ames - (USA)

everyone that has been ripped off come together.

Dont be afraid of Michael Boylan's threats.

They will come back on him the IRS want's him so bad he would not dare to come after anyone !  Go to sunbiz.org and see who the company is under.

Then sue him.

All he is going to due is have someone else make up a new business name and go on stealing.  His answer is it is a civil suit not criminial.

If You have been taken by Micheal do something and dont be afraid of any thing he say's.  He say's a Cousin made false charge's that are not true and was never a publisher which is False.

The Cousin worked for Capitol Color Mail 14 Years.

It's just the 1st time this theif has been arrested.

Wake Up People and come together and dont hide.

Start with the IRS

#14 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Yet another victim of RAM Theater Services and Shaun Boylan

AUTHOR: Former_Publisher - (USA)

RAM Victim #3: It appears three victims were not all there were as there have been many more who've posted their stories here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/ram-theater-services/book-magazine-publishers/ram-theater-services-ram-marke-e3191.htm

It is now September 10, 2012, FIVE (5) months later - Have you received your refund from Shaun Boylan/RAM Theater Services?