Complaint Review: RAMADA PLAZA RESORTS ORLANDO/FT.LAUDERDALE VACATIONS

• Submitted: Tue, August 26, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, September 01, 2008

• Reported By:williamstown Kentucky
RAMADA PLAZA RESORTS ORLANDO/FT.LAUDERDALE VACATIONS
2419 E. Commercial Boulevard,Suite 100 Ft.Lauderdale,Fl 33308 Ft.Lauderdale, Florida U.S.A.

RAMADA PLAZA RESORTS ORLANDO/ FT.LAUDERDALE VACATIONS im a victim of the same ripoff. they have already got me for$732. and says i owe 198. help me get my money back. PLEASE Ft. Lauderdale Florida

*Consumer Comment: D. RUBY, PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE!!

*Consumer Suggestion: Get your money back easily without having to call them.

ramada has already took 732.00 out of my bank ,they say i still owe 198.00 apon arrival.

i was talked into this vacation on the phone.i didnt know you had to spend your vacation doin time share,that is not what i want.i thought this mite be something fun to do with my dad but my dad passes away this year.

you know it says you can give it away to someone else but as you know i wouldnt put any of my friends or family through all the lies they tell.../

can someone help me get my money back..im not smart enough please......
please.

Gail
williamstown, Kentucky

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/26/2008 02:54 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RAMADA-PLAZA-RESORTS-ORLANDOFTLAUDERDALE-VACATIONS/FtLauderdale-Florida-33308/RAMADA-PLAZA-RESORTS-ORLANDO-FTLAUDERDALE-VACATIONS-im-a-victim-of-the-same-ripoff-they-367178. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RAMADA PLAZA RESORTS ORLANDO/FT.LAUDERDALE VACATIONS

D. RUBY, PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR ADVICE!!

AUTHOR: Christina S. - (U.S.A.)

To D. Ruby:

I have been scammed by this company and need HELP!!! I gave them my account information on the 22nd. I tried to cancel after wards when I realized this was a scam on the 25th at 3:30pm (at this time my account wasn't charged yet, I called my bank and they said they didn't see any purchases coming through). This same day I blocked my card and was going to close the account but had to wait until a deposit of mine went through (it was "processing").

On the 27th they took the money out. My bank said, the company could do that even if the card was blocked, if the purchase had already been authorized. I disputed the charge.

WHAT ELSE CAN I DO?

A lady at the bank said, I can call the company to ask them to unauthorized the charge. Should I do that?

Don't they have recordings of the purchase? Does that work against me?

Can I still get my money back even though they've already taken the money out of my account?

You said I should, ask for a refund in writing and express my knowledge of florida law and send the letter certifed mail.
- who am I sending this letter to?

Is the investigation with your bank still going on?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!

THEY CHARGED ME $798! PLEASE REPLY!

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Get your money back easily without having to call them.

AUTHOR: D. Ruby - (U.S.A.)

I fell prey to this scam. Once I found out I got ripped, and found out my girlfirend and I are not going on this vacation, I was pissed. The only reason I found out this was a scam because I googled the comapny and the hotel I wold be staying in. FYI the hotel provided is normally only $29.99 a night.

According to Florida law, any purchases made from Florida, regardless of the merchants discloser, "no refunds" the consumer has 30 days to dispute a purchase for any reason with full refund. This is the reason why the salesman on the phone tells the buyers of the cruise to wait 21 business days for your vacation packet. After 21 business days, it would be too late for a refund. I thought this was sketchy because snail mail does not take that long.

This is how to get your money back. Its really simple. First call your bank and cancel that card. Even after you are refunded the scammers have your account information. Be honest with your bank and tell them you wre scammed and you want a refund. I have bank of America and the were awesome. They advised me to not do anything and they instantly credited my account. The bank will do their own investigation. Second, in writing ask for a refund and express your knowledge of florida law and send you letter certifed mail. This give you prof that a written notice was sent out on your behalf.

Wait a month and the cruise line will credit your account. Hope this helps!! :) If you need anything please ask and I will glad to assist.