Complaint Review: R&B Auto Center

• Submitted: Wed, April 24, 2013
  • Updated: Wed, May 01, 2013

• Reported By: Karla — Moreno Valley California
R&B Auto Center
16020 Foothill Blvd, Fontana, CA 92335 Fontana, California United States of America

R&B Auto Center BEWARE OF THE DECIEVER!!! Fontana, California

*Author of original report: Liars!!!

*UPDATE Employee: R&B Auto Center Cares About Customer Satisfaction

These people are so desperate to make a sale, and I am now a firm believer that used car sales people are the devil! I was assisted by Robert Fernandez, and he seemed very ginuine indeed, but I immediatley saw right through it.

R&B Auto prey on people who are in desperate need of a vehicle. I just went through a divorce and my ex husband ran off with our Nissan Titan, couldnt afford to keep up the payment and got it repossessed, because I was a co-signer, it jacked my credit up... actually it dropped my credit low.... lower than its ever been in my life!

Well Robert and R&B claimed they can help me and put me in a "reliable" car. I saw a 2007 Chrysler Sebring Touring on their web site with only 67,000 miles on it, priced a little under $11,000 so I went for that one. Well they wanted me to put $2,500 dollars down!!! What they hell, on a car priced at $10,700 really???

Ridiculous, they knew my situation, yet they still wanted me to basically pull from my retirement, the only savings I had and they pressured me until I did find a way to come up with that huge down payment. On top of that they gave me huge intrest rate and my payment was still over $300.00 a month and they only gave me a 30 day warranty! Fine ok, I accepted those terms, because I was in need of a car, in order to get to work and keep my job.

So they approved me on 11/1/2012. Not even 3 months later, the car just stopped working... it just stopped.... I had to come out of pocket almost $600.00 to their janky a** service department to replace a d**n fuel pump.... and because I was outside of their faulty a** 30 day warranty, they could offer me NO ASSISTANCE!

When they made repairs, I specifically asked... are their any other problems or potential problems with the car... I was told, NO OF COURSE NOT...... not even 2 months after that, I'm driving home from work, making a left turn on a busy street and my car stops and COMPLETLEY DIES with on coming traffic coming full speed at me!!! I HAD TO CALL 911  to be assisted with not losing my got d**n LIFE!

What's the problem now you ask??? A FAILED ALTERNATOR!!! Another major expense, that I don't have the money for, I haven't even had the car for 6 months!!! WTF! Not to mention to this day they have yet to send me my License Plates!!! It does not take 5 months to receive License Plates and I already was pulled over and harrassed by a p***k officer for not having license plates!!!

And the finance company they approved me with are so unprofessional, ghetto and crazy, I'm questioning if they are even real!!!

What hurts me the most is that Robert Fernandez looked me in my face and told me to look him in his eye and tell him I can get the money for the down payment, so that he knows he can trust me to do it.... then after the transaction was made, he says "God knows What we need" Dude... do you even believe that... because your company is very dishonest, pushy and thirsty to make a sale, even at the expense of a young, single, newly divorced hard working woman, who's just trying to make a living and get to work!!! SHAME ON R&B AUTO.... STEER CLEAR!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RB-Auto-Center/Fontana-California-92335/RB-Auto-Center-BEWARE-OF-THE-DECIEVER-Fontana-California-1045833. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on R&B Auto Center

Liars!!!

AUTHOR: KKimble1 - ()

You are definitley lying about #1 of your rebuttal I informed you of every problem I have had, including the recent one 4 days ago, when I was nearly killed because your faulty car stopped on me in the middle of the street while making a left turn..... Get it together and stop selling crapy used cars with 30 day warranties, because you know the ish will break down!!!

R&B Auto Center Cares About Customer Satisfaction

AUTHOR: R&B Auto Center - ()

R&B Auto Center is dedicated to resolving customer concerns quickly and fairly. We welcome the opportunity to respond to the complaint and address the concerns raised.

1.     Customer Never Contacted R&B with List of Concerns:  We only learned of these concerns 4 days
after the posting and six months after the vehicle was purchased.  The customer purchased the vehicle in October 2012, and had we known that there were concerns, we would have addressed them
immediately.  The customer never contacted R&B regarding any of these items, except the fuel pump, which our Service Department replaced for her at a heavily discounted rate.

2.      Down Payment is Determined by Credit History:  R&B Auto Centerworks diligently to help the customer secure the best possible financing no matter what their specific credit history. The amount down and the interest rate are determined by the lending financial institution.  In this case, based upon the buyer’s credit history, a $2500 down was required for the institution to approve financing.  And the rate offered by the institution was also based upon the buyer’s history.  All of which was approved by the buyer at time of purchase.

3.     Service & Repair: As stated above, R&B assisted the customer by heavily discounting the labor on the fuel pump replacement.  The customer never consulted R&B for any other item needing repair.  As an AAA-Approved Repair Center (a distinction given to less than 5% of auto centers throughout Southern California) our Service Department is dedicated to delivering world class quality service and maintenance to every customer.

Regarding the claim of other potential problems, R&B always conducts a free and thorough multi-point
maintenance inspection, and found no other problems with the car. Our recommendations are founded squarely on testing and inspection. Based upon this analysis and the sound state of the vehicle at the time of inspection, how could one predict any problems with an alternator over 60 days later? The customer did not bring the vehicle to R&B, so there is no way for us to know for certain the circumstances and causes regarding the new repair issue. If R&B was consulted, as we were with the fuel pump, we would have eagerly assisted the customer and done everything possible to minimize costs.

4.     License Plates:  R&B successfully processes plate transfer for thousands of customers each year.  And we make every effort to ensure that the processing of plates with the DMV is expedited by urging the customer to make certain all contact information is accurate for mailing.  In this situation, the customer did not receive the plates (which we did not know until this posting), and in our experience, this usually means that the information was incorrect, inaccurate or missing a house or apartment number.  In situations like these, the mailed plates are returned to the DMV for inability to deliver.  On April 26th, R&B after reading this post assisted the customer by mailing an application to her for duplicate plates.

R&B Auto Center has been selling and servicing vehicles for over 28 years and is dedicated to customer
satisfaction.  If the customer had contacted us directly regarding the concerns stated, we would have quickly responded with a satisfactory resolution.