Complaint Review: RBC Financial

• Updated: Sat, December 06, 2008

• Reported By:Coventry Rhode Island
RBC Financial
P.O.Box 4545 Windsor, Ontario Canada

RBC Financial--- Pro Video Productions, Inc. They sent me a check for $4900.00 and told me I had "Won" $250,000.00 Windsor Ontario Canada

Today I received a check for $4900.00 written on the Wells Fargo Bank by Pro Video Productions, Inc.. Along with this Check, I received a letter stating that I had "won" $250,000.00 stating that my name was attached to an Entry Slip with serial number 5674599 and the "lucky winning" numbers of 45-90-76-44. There is also a Claim Number SEN-014256-RF.

The letter also states that this money would be deducted from the total "winnings".

The Purpose of this check is to assist me in paying for the Non Resident Government Tax (GST). Tax agent: Amanda Blink
Tax Amount: $3980.00
Payment Method: Money Gram
I was "advised" to contact assigned claims agent Sophie Hall
@ 1-647-894-7092 Monday thru Saturday, 8am to 6pm for further instructions on how to claim my "winnings".

Letter signed by one John Garfield (Promotions Manager)
Instead, I checked out the company on Google and found Pro Video to be a somewhat legal corporation but that RBC finacial had a Scam Alert attached.
It is my understanding that were I to deposit this check into my account, I would be liable to the bank for the entire amount plus other charges since the check is probably not valid.

I guess my problem is that my wife thinks the check is good and now angry with me for not using it. Is the check good? One other thing I believe worth mentioning is that I never got into a lottery or sweepstakes so I could not have won anything.

I will hold onto the letter and the check should someone want to pick them up or have me send them to an address.

Jonathan
Coventry, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2008 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RBC-Financial/Windsor-Ontario/RBC-Financial-Pro-Video-Productions-Inc-They-sent-me-a-check-for-490000-and-told-me-398541. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RBC Financial