Complaint Review: RBC

• Submitted: Mon, May 30, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, May 30, 2011

• Reported By: Karen — Toronto Ontario Canada
RBC

RBC Royal Bank - RBC Trying to setup a monthly recurring payment for my rent is proving to be a nightmare! Internet

*Consumer Comment: Change Your Bank!

An automated payment was initially set up, then the branch asked me to make a manual payment as there was a problem with their system. That was last month...

This month, I try to making the payment - only to find out that there is a limit of $1,000 a day! Now I need to pay the rent over 3 days?!

When I called the RBC customer service center, I was transfered to "David" who:
1) refused to give me his last name; and
2) told me that there is no tracking number for the call (don't ALL call centers monitor their calls, don't they??)

He was totally arrogant, rude and dismissive. Please tell me that banking in Canada is not always this difficult?!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/30/2011 08:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RBC/internet/RBC-Royal-Bank-RBC-Trying-to-setup-a-monthly-recurring-payment-for-my-rent-is-proving-to-734746. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RBC

Change Your Bank!

AUTHOR: mr rik - (USA)

Change your bank ASAP!

With customer service this inept, who is gonna be there for you when the bank starts ripping you off?!