Complaint Review: RBM Merchandising

• Submitted: Thu, August 06, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, August 06, 2009

• Reported By:Litchfield Minnesota
RBM Merchandising
PO Box 759 Lake Zurich, Illinois U.S.A.

RBM Merchandising What RBM promised is NOT what I received Lake Zurich Illinois

RBM Merchandising, a so-called "business opportunity" which I found in the National Enquirer, has apparently been ripping people off since 1982. The ad said they supplied free materials and postage, so I sent them an SASE to receive information on mailing their burglar alarm ads. What I received was a pair of letters (one for the burglar alarm ads, and one for the rose catalogs) telling me I had to send a $15 application fee to receive the materials to start working with them (I also had to send a packing label and "coupon" with the application, which I said I could likely mail 400 of these "catalogs" a week, and fee).

Well, I sent them my $15 application fee (choosing the roses over the burglar alarms), and waited for the materials to show up. They did show up, just short of 2 weeks later (the check was cashed on July 23, 2009, and I received the materials yesterday, August 5, 2009). What I found inside the envelope was not the materials that I was promised, instead being 2 ordering fliers for the roses (which I was to send out), 2 address labels (printed in dot-matrix), 2 44-cent stamps, another packing label, and a letter and order form stating that I had to pay RBM for more names and "catalogs" ($10 for the names and $10 for the "catalogs").

I sent out the 2 fliers as instructed, and went about my day happily. Then, while I was online later that day, I decided to check into this company, finding several things via a Google search labeling the company as a scam. Right now, if I see those 2 orders come back (and the checks written in my name), I am planning to send them their money back, and personal apology letters, as I do not want to have to deal with a fraudulent company, because if I do receive orders, and RBM doesn't deliver, I will be the one in trouble, not to mention the tax problems.

Steven
Litchfield, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2009 10:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RBM-Merchandising/Lake-Zurich-Illinois-60047/RBM-Merchandising-What-RBM-promised-is-NOT-what-I-received-Lake-Zurich-Illinois-477035. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RBM Merchandising