Complaint Review: RCA

• Submitted: Sun, November 27, 2011
  • Updated: Sun, November 27, 2011

• Reported By: Laura — Belvidere Illinois United States of America
RCA

RCA Never honored their warranty on a 42" flat screen TV I purchased. internet, Internet

I purchased a TV set from Walmart almost a year ago. It was a 42" RCA flat screen TV. I began having trouble with the cord that fits into the back of the TV literally jiggling it's way out of the plug-in.

I called for a service call. RCA does not do their own appointment setting. They farm it out to a company that never sets appointments. I called them no less than five times in a few weeks after purchase and each time I called I was told their computer was down and they couldn't set appt.

No matter when I called in the next few weeks I got the same song and dance. A few times I was told they would return my call. It is 10 months later and I have never had an appointment scheduled nor have I received a return call from them.

Same old story---their computer was down. I fixed the TV myself and am hoping and praying nothing else goes wrong with it. I checked on line and found a site where numerous others had complained about the same problem. Never getting an appointment and no one fixinf the TV.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2011 04:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RCA/internet/RCA-Never-honored-their-warranty-on-a-42-flat-screen-TV-I-purchased-internet-Internet-802132. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RCA