Complaint Review: RCN

• Submitted: Fri, January 30, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, January 30, 2009

• Reported By:Chicago Illinois
RCN
2640 West Bradley Place Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

RCN RCN took my defective cable box but still charges me for it. That's stealing! Chicago Illinois

We had a repair man come to our condo and replace a defective cable box with a new one. He never checked in the defective box, so now we are paying for an extra box every month.

I called RCN numerous times and spent hours on the phone and they won't take it off. They say there's no way of knowing that I don't still have it, but they do acknowledge that the repair man came to our unit!

Also, we will have to pay for the box when we eventually cancel our service. I spoke with the RCN rep about this when he visited our building and he confirmed that we will have to pay for the box, "But", he said, "the good news is, it's only $90." Now tell me, how is any of this good news to me. It's infuriating.

Jared
Chicago, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2009 08:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RCN/Chicago-Illinois-60618/RCN-RCN-took-my-defective-cable-box-but-still-charges-me-for-it-Thats-stealing-Chicago-418103. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RCN