Complaint Review: READERS ACROSS AMERICA

• Submitted: Thu, December 04, 2008
  • Updated: Thu, December 04, 2008

• Reported By:LAS VEGAS Nevada
READERS ACROSS AMERICA
PO BOX 11575 Denver, Colorado U.S.A.

READERS ACROSS AMERICA Readers Across America Fake College Kids Rip Off Innocent People With Magazine Scam Denver Colorado

A young college age female named 'Jennie Thompson' came to my door. Told me she was a neighbor living around the corner on "Turtle Cove". She said her goal was to introduce herself to 50 friendly, non-violent people and earn points for doing so. She said her dad signed her up for the program because she wants to be in theater but has difficulty with public speaking. She had also been home schooled, and was very shy.

Long story short, she said the program has helped her a lot, and that she's on her way to earning a college scholarship. I felt sorry for her as she stated that if I bought a subscription, one would also go to Children's Hospital. This was her charity of choice because she had spent the first several years of her life there. She also indicated that the National Student Agency is a non-profit, and that as such, 65% of the sale price can be deducted from my taxes.

Within an hour I left my house to run an errand. I saw the girl getting into a car outside my housing development with other teenagers with the same brochures. I pulled out my receipt, and read it front to back, and then called the number listed, and left a message stating that I had questions regarding my order. She had also written that the name of the magazine was "turtle". Clearly not what I had told her I wanted to purchase. I went home and did an Internet search to find several cases of fraud against Readers Across America. I plan to place a stop payment for fraud on my check first thing in the morning.

The company is listed under Maria Blacke 303-648-3253. I found 98 fraud reports listed under Rip Off Report. They have hit several states, and this is not the first time in Nevada. Almost all reports state that they never received the magazines, and never receive call backs. And not one report has stated that they have had a refund issued.

I would love to stop these people as I have found fraud reports that date back to 2003, and are as current as 11/2008.

Anonymous in Vegas
LAS VEGAS, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/04/2008 01:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/READERS-ACROSS-AMERICA/Denver-Colorado-80211/READERS-ACROSS-AMERICA-Readers-Across-America-Fake-College-Kids-Rip-Off-Innocent-People-Wi-397696. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on READERS ACROSS AMERICA