Complaint Review: READY DEBIT

• Reported By: MOXLEY10 — PERRIS California United States of America
READY DEBIT
409 SILVERSIDE ROAD Internet United States of America

READY DEBIT GREEN DOT KEPT MY TAX REFUND, Internet

*Consumer Comment: ready debit is a thief

*Author of original report: No Refund Yet...Its May..Refund posted feb 2011

*Consumer Comment: Took my income Tax too

*UPDATE Employee: Ready Debit Follows the Patriot Act

Ready debit kept my tax refund, they mailed the debit card and it never arrived, i called several times, they said to fax them a copy of my social security number and i.d. i did that right away, they said they would transfer the refund to a second card i ordered, until now i have no refund this was 2.23.2011. also the fee they charge for direct deposit was 10 dollars and have been deducted from my refund as well as the monthly fees being charged ,and i cannot withdrawal or have access to my refund.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2011 05:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/READY-DEBIT/internet/READY-DEBIT-GREEN-DOT-KEPT-MY-TAX-REFUND-Internet-716872. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on READY DEBIT

ready debit is a thief

AUTHOR: Leland - (United States of America)

i don't know how to get in touch with you other than this, ready debit stole my SSI deposit, locked me out of my account and I cannot contact them by phone ..........my Name is Leland ,,, email is bumpitybump@excite.com, I would like to join your suit against ready debit/ Green Dot........ thanks , I hope I did this right .

No Refund Yet...Its May..Refund posted feb 2011

AUTHOR: MOXLEY10 - (United States of America)

I regret so much using this company, i also contacted an attorney to handle this matter, im not just  getting my refund but extra money for penalties to this company. They still keep charging the monthly fee,,,even though i didnt get my refund that they kept. I also disputed with the IRS
i said they stoled my refund.
Would never ever in my life use these companies or recommend them. Ready Debit or Green Dot same company.

Took my income Tax too

AUTHOR: CMallo - (United States of America)

I have the same problem with the company and on this they can keep their rebuttals to themselves. I feel what your going through exactly. I loaded my income tax check onto my ready-debit card as well, fortunately I had a card in hand to actually spend close to 3000.00 of my 9452.00 tax refund. Well I needed to pay rent and was told my landlord would recieve her money...wouldnt you know she never did and I got evicted with my children because I put faith into a shoddy company. The only thing ready-Debit (METABANK) has done is lie... I called the company after the situation with my landlord and told the represenative I wanted to close my account. She said ok and that the remaining money I had available (3200, it was 3216 but I was informed I would be charged for the check being sent to me) I was informed I would recieve it by certified check and that it would arrive in the mail in 3-5 business days (wouldnt you know ,another lie) Its been 2 weeks and still no money back! I called the number on the card and was told I would be charged 2.00 for each time I called....How can you charge someone if the account is closed??? As far as sending a copy of my social security card? Yeah why dont I hand over my house keys to these thieves as well? Any financial institute can ask verifying questions to know if you are in fact the individual on the account...glad I didnt send of my social security number ( I was notified by an attorney not to) This company is a scam and if enough of us get together a class action suit would be nice...The B. B. B. may not care but I care when people are taking money that I and so many others have worked so hard for. I wonder if these "imbociles" at the desk even care that their pay comes from our pockets...Word of advice to Metabank and its affiliates "Remeber the laws of KARMA"....anyone interested in going after this company is free to contact me as I already have an attorney whom I work for that is filing necessary paperwork right now!

Ready Debit Follows the Patriot Act

AUTHOR: Ready Debit Support - (United States of America)

The Patriot Act requires us to verify the identity of all of our cardholders. When a customer claims that they did not receive the original card, we are required to get some documents and verify the identity and address of our cardholder.

Once we get the documents  and verify that they are correct, we release the funds back to the cardholder. If we can't verify the documents, we return the money back to the sending institution.

As far as fees are concerned, we are proud of the fact that we do not hide our fees. They are clearly listed in the terms and conditions at application stage and when we mail the card.