Complaint Review: REAL ESTATE MEDIATION CONSULTANTS

• Updated: Thu, September 23, 2010

• Reported By: ANN — MEMPHIS Tennessee United States of America
REAL ESTATE MEDIATION CONSULTANTS
8121 walnut run, ste 200 Internet United States of America

REAL ESTATE MEDIATION CONSULTANTS BRETT BERNARD, GLENN GREEN, LEONARD VAN EATON LIED TO US, SAID WOULD KEEP WORKING TILL MODIFIED Internet

*Consumer Comment: Article not available on-line any more

*Consumer Comment: Ask Brett about Foreclosure Assistance Group, BG&J Interests LLC, Concept Development, Development Concept Group

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: "Sour Grapes"

This law firm ripped me off and several friends. They said would get my loan modified over 7 months ago and they took my $1,495.00. They took forever to send my docs to my lender, never are available to answer call backs, and then give evasive answers.In my case , I was turned down and asked for a refund but am told will try something else.  I never get email updates as promised and Brett always on phone. I was told can not get refund. I had a fellow church member spend over $900.00 a year ago and we know of several people , over 7, that are out of money and no result. Many have had to file bankruptcy, also, Brett Bernard insist he is an attorney and he is NOT!!! They lie and say they have a 98% success ration and that is a lie. Hope local news or someone audits their files to show how miserable they are. BUNCH OF CON ARTIST, hideing behind an attorney, and that one attorney knows nothings about loan modifications. I insist we get are money back and this company exposed!!Also, Brett Bernard, has a legal matter in Lousiana pending from 2006 where he and others ripped of folks in a developement scam. Look him up on google, PLEASE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2010 02:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REAL-ESTATE-MEDIATION-CONSULTANTS/internet/REAL-ESTATE-MEDIATION-CONSULTANTS-BRETT-BERNARD-GLENN-GREEN-LEONARD-VAN-EATON-LIED-TO-US-642534. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REAL ESTATE MEDIATION CONSULTANTS

Article not available on-line any more

AUTHOR: Rodger Asai - ()

This is not a rebuttal, but rather an extension of my prior comment.

The Baton Rouge Business Report article "Conned" whose author, Hal Cohen, by the way was awarded the Gold in the category, Best Body of Work/Single Writer (see the 2006 Alliance Editorial Excellence Awards 2006) does not appear to be available onlone anymore.

I will attempt to attach a pdf of the twelve page investigative report to this.

To be clear.  The article only has information about Brett Bernard when he was in Louisiana.  There is no information on any of his current associates in that article.

AUTHOR: Rodger Asai - ()

Those are some of the Business names that Brett ran or help run in Louisiana before Katrina hit.

See the August 30, 2005 Business Report (Baton Rouge) titled "Conned" for details.

The story's subtitle is: "A local real estate investment scheme has been suckering investors, leaving contractors unpaid and sticking banks with millions in debt."

Yes, I got talked into purchasing two properties - and am still paying for it.

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

"Sour Grapes"

AUTHOR: Glenn - (United States of America)

It is very easy to remain anonymous and make baseless accusations without evidence. However, based upon the information provided, I know who you are. Angela, the truth is that your case was suspended for non-payment. We worked on your case for over three months and finally suspended your case when you were 71 days past due on your payments. Only then did we stop negotiating on your behalf. Therefore, you are being dishonest in stating that we took your $1,495. Regarding the other people at your church who were seeking modification, if they are RMC clients, we encourage them to contact us at 901-737-3332 to review their cases. However, if they initially were contacted by Leroy Michael Robertson, they are not RMC clients and they need to contact Mr. Robertson for information regarding their cases.

I have never heard Mr. Bernard refer to himself as an attorney. He has always made it very clear that he is an Associate Paralegal and Mediation Specialist under the management of Leonard Van Eaton who is a well known & trusted attorney and Special Judge in Shelby County General Sessions Court. To state that Mr. Van Eaton knows nothing about loan modifications is absolutely untrue. It is with his assistance that we have studied the laws concerning loss mitigation to make it possible for RMC to protect our clients rights and prevent foreclosure, which we do every day.

As a matter of fact, for those who are reading this and are interested in knowing more about RMC and loss mitigation, please join Brett and I on the RMC Radio Show every Sunday from 1PM to 3PM Central time on AM 990 or on the internet at www.kwam990.com. Each week we have at least a couple of clients who call in to explain how RMC helped them to save their home from foreclosure. We discuss loss mitigation and the options that are available to assist homeowners during these difficult times.

Regarding the Mr. Bernard and legal matter in Louisiana that you refer to, this was 4 years ago when Mr. Bernard testified for the prosecution on behalf of the plaintiff in a mortgage fraud case against a bank. End of story.

RMC does have a very high success rate in loss mitigation. Nine times out of ten, we are able to get relief for our clients through loan modification, forbearance, repayment, deed-in-lieu, or short sale. Angela, in your case, your complaint is sour grapes. Had you followed through with your contractual obligations to RMC, I am confident that we could have added you to our list of success stories.

Sincerely,