Complaint Review: REALTOR.COM

• Reported By: PanPa — California
REALTOR.COM
30700 Russell Ranch Rd. Suite 1000 Westlake Village, California USA

REALTOR.COM Scam Galore from a national brand name Westlake Village California

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Agent didn't fulfill length of program that had guarantee!

I contacted Realtor.com in connection with an email ad that I received.  The ad mentioned lead generation and other tools to attract Buyers.  I spoke with Jennifer Stickell Stickell, a local Senior Account Executive in Westlake Village, CA.  Jennifer explained how I was going to receive 8 leads per month and that the program was a 6-month program, which would have equated to a total of 48 leads.  The cost was $330 per month.

After having being billed for a total of 3 months, for a total of $990, I received exactly one lead that I actually had any communication with.  I received a total of 8 "leads", the first 3 I was never notified about, the next 3 leads were from the exact same person, the one that I in fact exchanged texts with (despite that it led to nothing), then I received one lead that was actually from a real estate professional and then the last one, I contacted within a couple of hours of receiving an inquiry and didn't hear back, despite a second effort to connect.

When I contacted Realtor.com to cancel the program I was made to talk to 3 different individuals in their organization and not a single one could make a commitment to cancel the program or provide a refund, despite the fact that none of them could dispute the poor results of the lead generation program.  After several emails and telephone communication led nowhere, I decided to talk to my bank and I can reassure you, I won't allow these scamsters to hold on to my $990.00.  I will post negative critiques of this predatory, false advertising, bait and switch organization that is even more grave of an offense, when one considers that Realtor.com has the implicit stamp of approval of the National Association of Realtors.

Overall, I have found Realtor.com to be dishonest, unresponsive, predatory and what we'd basically call a scam.  Don't let them get hold of your credit or debit card.  They'll drain it and won't deliver the leads they promise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/31/2013 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REALTORCOM/Westlake-Village-California-91362/REALTORCOM-Scam-Galore-from-a-national-brand-name-Westlake-Village-California-1055476. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REALTOR.COM

#1 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Agent didn't fulfill length of program that had guarantee!

AUTHOR: Jennifer - ()

This agent signed up for a 6 month program and cancelled after 3 months. The 6 month program at that time guaranteed she would receive all of her 48 leads or would receive her money back.

Most Agents have had great success and have had to be on a waiting list to even get into the program! Not sure what happened. The agent never called me to let me know of a problem.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC