• Report: #711999

• Submitted: Wed, March 30, 2011
  • Updated: Mon, April 18, 2011

• Reported By: Solar Burned — Tucson Arizona United States of America
REC Solar

REC Solar Renewable Energy Concepts Solar, Solar Panels, renewable energy Internet

*UPDATE Employee: At REC Solar, we take every customer complaint very, very seriously.

I ran into REC at my local Costco store. The guy there (Michael) was not very friendly. With some convincing I got him to take my name and number to have him out to the house and see if solar would be right for me.

After he showed up (1.5 hours late) he got on with his presentation. Once we got into the numbers it seemed to make since so I signed up and put down a reasonable down payment. I was told that it would take 6-8 months to get the system installed.  Up to 3-4 months that any other solar company in town!

With in about the first 30 days or so I did receive my reservation for TEP for the rebate on my solar system good for 180 days. Patiently waiting for another couple of months and still no word from REC on my system I called them. They said that they are so backed up and that I should see the plans for the system in the next 6-8 weeks.

Now after 175 day later as my reservation is about to expire, I call REC again. Thay said that I could get an extension from TEP on the rebate and give them more time.  Starting to get frustrated with this whole deal I started to unwind the deal and sought another contractor to get the job done.

I called a local solar contractor and they worked hard for 2 weekends and amended the TEP paperwork for the rebate and I had my system installed and had no more patience with REC.

I would NOT recommend REC in any way shape or form. I have heard that other customers with whom REC has met via COSTCO have had the same experience as I have had.

I really dont know why COSTCO would allow this type of treatment to their valued customers.
Hopefully Corporate will get a hold of this RIP-OFF REPORT and kick them to the curb. Or at least run a customer satisfaction survey and find out how they feel about REC in general.

Solar-Burned in Tucson

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REC-Solar/internet/REC-Solar-Renewable-Energy-Concepts-Solar-Solar-Panels-renewable-energy-Internet-711999. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REC Solar

At REC Solar, we take every customer complaint very, very seriously.

AUTHOR: Michael Lind - (United States of America)

At REC Solar, we take every customer complaint very, very seriously.  Upon seeing this post, we were of course concerned.  We have taken the step of thoroughly reviewing every TEP rebate reservation, contract, and installation we have in Tucson to identify which customer of ours this may be. In fact, we cannot find a customer situation fitting this description.  Factually
speaking, our lead time to install a home solar system in Tucson has been and continues to be only  12 to 14  weeks. We would be happy to discuss and document our system installation times for any prospective customer.

More importantly, REC Solar looks to utilize the few customer complaints we receive (No, we are not perfect, but we try!) to further improve our processes so we further improve the experience of our current and future customers to be on par
with the thousands of satisfied customers we have served.  Testament to these satisfied customers is our A+ rating with the Arizona Better Business Bureau.  So we can further investigate this matter, we would be very appreciative if this individual would please contact Josh Price, Vice President of our Residential business unit at 888.OKSOLAR at his or her earliest convenience so we can further understand the details of the customers experience and affirm that this is not a false post by a competitor.

Again, we take each and every customer experience very, very seriously, with the goal of providing exceptional service to all of our customers, and would like to further understand the details of this customers experience. Thank you
and we look forward to hearing from you.

Michael Lind