• Submitted: Sun, June 22, 2003
  • Updated: Sun, June 22, 2003

• Reported By:Chesapeake Virginia
229 South Rosemont Road Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

RECREATIONAL FACTORY WAREHOUSE ADL, The ripoff business from hell I insisted that my contract be ripped up and my money refunded. I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY CHECK! Virginia Beach Virginia

Oh my god, do I wish I had seen this website first!

After 15 years as a military family, we were soo excited to buy a home, and then a POOL. Purchased a pool on May 16th, and we were told by RFW that ADL was the best installation company in town.

After not hearing from them, I called to set up a date for my pool to be installed. Five days later ( should have seen the signs!) I finally got in touch with someone and was scheduled for Monday , June 3rd. Took off work.

On Sunday June 1st, got a call asking about sand for my appointment on the ThIRD! I informed them that this was incorrect, and got a long sob story about a bad receptionist who had to be let go and mixed up days. (P.S. If any of you have heard this story, please note that this woman still works for ADL, in a different position, but was never fired as they like to tell customers).

Being a fairly reasonable and flexible individual, I agreed that Tuesday was ok. Another day off work. NO SHOW, NO CALL. I spent hours trying to call their office and find out what was going on. I was told by their receptionist that they would definetly be there! Until 6 p.m., that is, until she finally admitted that they weren't coming!

We were PROMISED that they would put in our pool on Wednesday. ANOTHER day off work! At 5 p.m., the crew showed up and told us that it was a bobcat job, over 6 inches, as stated on the paperwork, and they of course had no bobcat. I stood as they tried to call the office, and were having little luck themselves, and the owner told them that we should reschedule.

I went immediately to RFW and insisted that my contract be ripped up and my money refunded. After a lengthy argument, they agreed. I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY CHECK!

To end this nightmare, I was so upset that I had asked the crew of ADL if they did any private installation and was told no, when would they ever have the time? After further discussion, I learned that they were only being paid 50 bucks a pool! (Cheapest installation is 600.00)

Since I had the cell phone number of one of them, since he had given it to me so that I could get in touch with Someone at ADL, I called them for two weeks asking them to do it, offering them the full fee. They put me off because of time issues, and then one weekend dropped by to see if I still neede it done. I jumped at the chance! However, due to a nosy neighbor, the owner of ADL got wind of this and showed up at my door! Can you believe it? He screws me around for three days when it concerns my money, but when it concerns his, he is there in 10 minutes! Unbelieveable! The guys were fired and now are in business for themselves and I have a lovely swimming pool!

Chesapeake, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2003 09:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RECREATIONAL-FACTORY-WAREHOUSE-VIRGINIA-BEACH/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23452/RECREATIONAL-FACTORY-WAREHOUSE-ADL-The-ripoff-business-from-hell-I-insisted-that-my-contr-61505. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.