- Report: #1122655
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: REGINA LEADER-POST/BREAKING NEWS/ www.leaderpost.com
REGINA LEADER-POST/BREAKING NEWS/ www.leaderpost.com1964 Park Street Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
REGINA LEADER-POST/BREAKING NEWS leaderpost.com DOES BARB PACHOLIK REPORT ACCURATELY AND HONESTLY? JURY OUT ON THAT ONE Regina Saskatchewan Canada
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
Professional journalists with integrity, principles and the goal of reporting the objective truth follow the Society of Professional Journalists’ code of ethics which encompasses a section on “harm limitatin principle” that apparently did not apply to Postmedia Network Inc, the Regina Leader Post, the Saskatoon Star Phoenix and for sure not important to Barb Pacholik, Marlon Marshall of the Leader Post or their region manager, Alan Allnutt, or even to their Editor-in-Chief and Deputy Publisher, Rob McLaughlin as was evident in the front page Leader Post February 6th 2014 on the FCAA Hearing .
As taken from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_ethics - this outlines the ethical standards for professional journalism and journalist of which upon reading Pacholik’s February 6th 2014 front page article, you will see how Pacholik, the Leader Post, Star Phoenix and Post media Network Inc missed the mark on so many of their own ethical standards for professional journalism . [continued below]....
Harm limitation principle
"During the normal course of an assignment a reporter might go about—gathering facts and details, conducting interviews, doing research, background checks, taking photos, video taping, recording sound—harm limitation deals with the questions of whether everything learned should be reported and, if so, how. This principle of limitation means that some weight needs to be given to the negative consequences of full disclosure, creating a practical and ethical dilemma. The Society of Professional Journalists' code of ethics offers the following advice, which is representative of the practical ideals of most professional journalists. Quoting directly:"
- "Show compassion for those who may be affected adversely by news coverage. Use special sensitivity when dealing with children and inexperienced sources or subjects".**Never occurred with Barb Pacholik, quit the opposite as much uneeded and unnecessary harm was done to many. Barb Pacholik set out to seek and destroy even if it harmed children or family members of the Respondents, which it did**
- "Recognize that gathering and reporting information may cause harm or discomfort. Pursuit of the news is not a license for arrogance".**Barb Pahcolik are you reading this?? Barb Pacholik and her ever-ready, ever-present arrogance was ALL this was about. Pacholik always caused harm to the Respondents with her usual false, bias, vile, fraudulent and inaccurate statements in her stories. Pacholik let her license for arrogance take front row and centre, instead of truth, objectivity and thought to the harm this may cause many**
- "Recognize that private people have a greater right to control information about themselves than do public officials and others who seek power, influence or attention. Only an overriding public need can justify intrusion into anyone's privacy".**Barb Pahcolik has NO PROBLEM intruding into, abusing and creating false personal medical scenarios to intrude into the lives of private individuals during her reporting of these FCAA proceedings. Barb Pacholik, from these actions, apparently has no morals, ethics or rules when it comes to intruding into the personal traumas or lives of private citizens**
- "Show good taste. Avoid pandering to lurid curiosity".**Barb Pacholik did not show good taste, most of the time, in her coverage of the FCAA proceedings**.
NOTE: I am NOT a named party to any FCAA proceeding, past or present. I am also not associated to the Leader Post or any Postmedia Network Inc entity.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2014 08:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REGINA-LEADER-POSTBREAKING-NEWS-wwwleaderpostcom/Regina-Saskatchewan-S4P-3G4/REGINA-LEADER-POSTBREAKING-NEWS-leaderpostcom-DOES-BARB-PACHOLIK-REPORT-ACCURATELY-AND-H-1122655. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.