Complaint Review: REGUS VIRTUAL OFFICE

• Submitted: Thu, January 26, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, January 26, 2012

• Reported By: REGUS VIRTUAL OFFICE — San Mateo California United States of America
REGUS VIRTUAL OFFICE
ADDISON, TEXAS, A DELAWARE CORPORATION Internet United States of America

REGUS VIRTUAL OFFICE REGUS MANAGEMENT GROUP, LLC, EXPENSIVE VIRTUAL OFFICE FEES, Internet

*Author of original report: REGUS UNFAIR COLECTION PRACTICES

*Consumer Comment: Judge?

Regus is a multinational company that provides serviced business accommodation, such as virtual office address in business center worldwide. I am its customer. I have a virtual office agreement with Regus. In my opinion Regus has collection practices which are unfriendly to consumers particularly small business. For example, I was paying $59 a month for a virtual office business address. Unfortunately, My account became late a copuple months. I thought my wife was paying the  bill. My wife on the other hand says that she thought I was taken care of the bill. Anyway, the fact of the matter is that now my Regus' collection bill went up from about $150 to $350.

In this respect, it appears to me that the Regus's collection practices were developed or designed by former IRS attorneys. Regus provides good service to small business owners but if you run late on your bill, Regus will treat you like a whale treats a sardine. In the next few months I will know if Regus is willing to renegotiate its outrageous bill since I am retaining a mediator sponsored by Better Business Bureau to help me resolve this issue because Regus doesn't want to reduce the amount on the bill. My $150 collection bill now is about $350. Is Regus a SHARK? You be the judge. The mediator of the BBB will look my file shortly. I'll let you know what happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2012 10:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REGUS-VIRTUAL-OFFICE/internet/REGUS-VIRTUAL-OFFICE-REGUS-MANAGEMENT-GROUP-LLC-EXPENSIVE-VIRTUAL-OFFICE-FEES-Internet-828969. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REGUS VIRTUAL OFFICE

REGUS UNFAIR COLECTION PRACTICES

AUTHOR: REGUS VIRTUAL OFFICE - (United States of America)

This is only a brief explanation of the case the whole agreement between Regus and I under review. The account became delinquent about a months ago or so. I had a twelve months agreement with regus but Regus canceled my agreement by the month 9 due to non-payment. Now they want the past due, 150, plus the payment for the month 10, 11, and 12. So, for that reason the total bill is now about $350. $350 is an unfair demand and that is what I am challenging. I do not mind paying the whole thing and that is the end of it but why do I have to feed the whale and make her bigger? I have to fight it. In addition, I enjoy it.

Judge?

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Let's see the title of your report says "Expensive Virtual Office Fees".  Well with a statement like that one would think that you are complaining about the monthly fee of a whole $59.  But that is NOT what your report is on.  Your report is on the fees they charge you when you are not only LATE but late by a couple of months. So right there your "report" is already on shaky ground.

So what does the agreement you signed state about late fees?  My guess is that you agreed to this and that is what they are going to bring up in this mediation.

As for your mediation.  Without getting into the entire BBB debate.  I can pretty much predict that if they "rule" against you, you will complain how they are just taking the side of the business without listening to reason.  But if they side with you, you will think you were right and probably not worry about being "late" in the future because you think you "got them".

Of course what the BBB decides is most likely meaningless anyways because it sounds like they are just "mediating" and not "Binding Arbitration".

Out of curiosity I wonder what you think a valid late fee would be?