Complaint Review: REI And U.S. Bancorp Service Center

• Submitted: Thu, April 27, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, April 27, 2006

• Reported By:Lytle Creek California
REI And U.S. Bancorp Service Center
P.O.Box 6318 Fargo, North Dakota U.S.A.

REI And U.S. Bancorp Service Center secretly cancelled credit card after promising that account number was secure. Fargo Nationwide

On April 27th, my REI VISA credit card was denied at the grocery store. When I phoned customer service, they told me that a new card had been activated by my husband which made my card no longer usable. I asked them to send me a new card, too.

REI said they already had sent me a card weeks earlier. Since I never received it, I asked if they could send me another. They asked if I wanted to report the other card missing and get a new account. I said no because my husband needed to use his card and we have several autopayments set up on that card. Besides, I told them, he had probably just taken it. So REI assured me they would send me a replacement card for my existing account.

Just minutes later, my husband found my new card. I called back to let REI know they did not need to send me a new card. To my shock and dismay, they had cancelled our account! And they refused to restore it! Had we not called, we would not have found out until all our bills started going unpaid, insurance got cancelled, prescriptions not filled, utilities cut off, etc. REI admitted on the phone that they messed up and offered us a remedy: a five dollar credit, but they could not restore the account nor tell us the number of the new account.

Lytle Creek, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2006 10:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REI-And-US-Bancorp-Service-Center/Fargo-North-Dakota-58125-6318/REI-And-US-Bancorp-Service-Center-secretly-cancelled-credit-card-after-promising-that-ac-188986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REI And U.S. Bancorp Service Center