Complaint Review: REMAXFOLDER

• Updated: Sat, February 09, 2013

• Reported By: John — Somerville New Jersey United States of America
REMAXFOLDER
Austin, Texas United States of America

REMAXFOLDER KATY SHOPPER REMAX REAL ESTATE ADVERTISING THE KATY SHOPPER LISA MILSNER Austin, Texas

*Consumer Comment: The Katy Shopper

Our interior design/retail store was contacted by the lovely Lisa Milsner back in July of 2012.  She told me that we were "recommended" by clients to be a great resource for interior design and would like to feature us in an advertising folder for all the Remax properties sold in the Central NJ area.

I decided that the small ad wasn't big enough, so I decided to get the larger $749 ad !!! The charge was processed on a coporate AMEX on 8/17/12.

I NEVER heard back from them.  Every few weeks I would call or send an email.  Lisa's number was (281) 736-3836.  My emaiil contact was art@thekatyshopper.com    - no one would get back to me.  Emails went unanswered.  Then I called Lisa - LIsa was now Jennifer and she never called me back but had Julie from the "art department" call me back and we sent a few emails back and forth and spoke about changing the ad etc..

The holidays came and went.  I wanted to see the folder.  I started to email them again after the 1st of the year - no reponse.  Then today Feb 1 2013 - I emailed again and called the phone numbers I had - all were disconnected.  the katyshopper website is gone.

I called AMEX and disputed the charge.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Then I read the other complaints on here.  I WAS SCAMMED !!! I'll keep you posted on the result.  may Lisa get run over by a bus - along with Julie and Jennifer.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REMAXFOLDER/Austin-Texas-/REMAXFOLDER-KATY-SHOPPER-REMAX-REAL-ESTATE-ADVERTISING-THE-KATY-SHOPPER-LISA-MILSNER-Austi-1007343. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REMAXFOLDER

The Katy Shopper

AUTHOR: Don''''t Get Ripped - (USA)

I've been trying to contact them to get a refund - I used my debit card and because it's been over three months I can't dispute it, unfortunately.  I've done a little digging and found that the owner's of The Katy Shopper also own a few other companies - They also own BMK Innovations & Newport Skate Shop all located at the same address in Katy TX.  All the phone numbers are disconnected except the one for Newport Skate Shop - The number for that company is (281)825-3842.  Nothing will come of it I'm sure, but I just thought I'd share the info I have in the hopes that it might help someone else.

definitely