Complaint Review: RENT 1ST RENT TO OWN

• Updated: Tue, June 08, 2010

• Reported By: FEEDUP — Dallas Texas USA
RENT 1ST RENT TO OWN
9759 FOREST LN #140, DALLAS, Texas United States of America

RENT 1ST RENT TO OWN CHRIS Rude, obnoxious, disrespectful and unprofessional. No sense of concern for mankind. should not be allowed to work in customer service settings. DALLAS, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Try this

*Consumer Comment: Do you owe them money?

I made one of the biggest mistake by renting to own something. But with the way the economic is now it was more affordable for me at that time. On Saturday I received a call from a family member stating that Rent 1st had just called her looking for me and they were very rude, unprofessional, obnoxious, and threatening as if she owed them money.  I recevied the same rude phone calls and advise Eric and Chris that I would be in to make a payment on Monday.  Well by the time I returned to my home later Saturday evening, someone from Rent 1st had came to my house and put RED Rent 1st signs all over my home, the trees, shurbs, and anywhere they could post them.  Now, the kicker and the killer to this entire ordeal gets even worse, when I arrived to work this morning(Monday, June 7, 2010), they had placed one of the Rent 1st signs at my job with my name on it telling me to pay this account or legal actions will be taken.  I was livid when I saw this. I called them and let loose a few choice words that they wasn't ready for.  I am asking that for anyone who reads this not to do business with Rent 1st.  They think because they are a rent to own company that they can treat you like you stole something, call and harass you, and treat you like your are stupid and don't know your rights.  The people who work there are the rudest group of men that I've ever dealt with in my life on any level.  They are horrible and more will be done to make sure they don't get away with their actions.  I guess they didn't know that as a consumer I have rights and laws that protects me as a consumer regardless of what kind of business they run.  Rude, unprofessional, ignorant individuals running Rent 1st on Forest Ln in Dallas Tx. Don't do business there!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/07/2010 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RENT-1ST-RENT-TO-OWN/DALLAS-Texas-75243/RENT-1ST-RENT-TO-OWN-CHRIS-Rude-obnoxious-disrespectful-and-unprofessional-No-sense-of-611318. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RENT 1ST RENT TO OWN

Try this

AUTHOR: Leann - (U.S.A.)

I have worked for rent to own companies before.  I have not worked for Rent 1st but I'm sure some policies are similar.  You were mostly likely late with your payment and probably were more than a week late.  Otherwise they would not threaten legal action on you.  The companies I worked for didn't use that tactic until a customer is 60 days late.  If this was your situation the merchandise you had from Rent 1st was stolen as you were not paying for it.  The best way to avoid the harrassment is to keep your account up to date.  You won't get the phone calls, your references won't be called, and no one would show up at your job.

Do you owe them money?

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

Are you behind in your payments or are you all paid up?

If you are behind, I don't blame them and you need to pay your bill.

If you are all paid up and can prove it, go after them legally.