• Report: #1092090

RENT A CENTER
King Street Falls Church Virginia Falls Church, Virginia USA

RENT A CENTER RAC ACCEPTANCE Over charge for Furniture Falls Church Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Contact Information

*Consumer Comment: Rental centers are the last resort for serial deadbeats...

My husband and I purchased a Dinnette Set in October of 2011. And are still paying on it. We started off paying triple the monthly note to find out back in August that only a portion of the payment was going towards the actual furniture, which was not explained to us in the begining. That very same day we purchased a linving room set form the same store and paid cash outright. My husbands needed to build up his credit and the Representative talked him into doing this to help with the process. And of course we are still paying for this 2+ years later. We have paid large amounts of money towards this bill that seemes to not go away. I think this is very unfair and would like my situation looked into. Thsi is set up to have customers not pay off the merchandise and to continue paying although it has no interest added on the bill continues. As for myself and my husband we have looked into placing a lawsuit and paying court fees to get some resolution to this matter. If would be less than paying off the furniture at this point unless we are contacted and a resolution is made with the company. My advice is if you dont have to purchase merchandise through RAC acceptance you shouldnt until they can come up with a better system of payment arrangements.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/15/2013 11:36 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RENT-A-CENTER/Falls-Church-Virginia/RENT-A-CENTER-RAC-ACCEPTANCE-Over-charge-for-Furniture-Falls-Church-Virginia-1092090. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RENT A CENTER

Contact Information

AUTHOR: RAC Associate - ()

Hi, I do some work with RAC Acceptance and I’m sorry for your experience with us so far. We always want our customers to be completely informed about their contracts, so I’m not sure why the terms and conditions weren’t fully explained  when you initially rented your merchandise. I know our Customer Care team can help clear up any outstanding questions or concerns you might have about your contract, so I recommend giving them a call at 1-800-422-8186. Thank you, and I hope this helps.

Rental centers are the last resort for serial deadbeats...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

The total price at the rental store is two to three times the usual retail price.  The rental stores know that many will damage goods, default and defraud them. Hence they price high to cover their known costs of doing business with such customers.

You really can't blame them for trouble of your own making.

"Thsi is set up to have customers not pay off the merchandise and to continue paying although it has no interest added on the bill continues. As for myself and my husband we have looked into placing a lawsuit and paying court fees to get some resolution to this matter."

"..only a portion of the payment was going towards the actual furniture, which was not explained to us in the begining."

I would bet that all you're complaining about is explained in your WRITTEN contract, you know, the one YOU signed and agreed to.  Have you even read it yet?

What do you think you'll accomplish by "placing a lawsuit"?  Have they violated any of the terms of the contract YOU signed? Oh, right, you wouldn't know, not having ever read;comprehended it.  The written contract governs and NOBODY needs to explain it to you.  Even if they did, you guessed it, the WRITTEN contract STILL governs.  BTW, who, exactly have you contacted to pursue this fruitless "lawsuit?"