Complaint Review: RENT A CENTER

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, August 23, 2007

• Reported By:jersey city New Jersey
RENT A CENTER
345 CENTRAL AVENUE JERSEY CITY, New Jersey U.S.A.

RENT A CENTER COMPANY CONTINUES TO HARASS ME WHEN I HAVE FILLED BENEFITS PLUS FORMS DUE TO LAY OFF JERSEY CITY New Jersey

*UPDATE Employee: Benefits Plus

Rent a center continues to harass me for a payment that should of been covered under my benefit plus claim (payment waiver due to layoff/unemploy.) I have contacted the corporate office several time s and the stated they have not recieved my paperwork this went on for three weeks, I too forwarded a letter to the store informing them what was done the harassment seized for about two weeks, then it started . I did my part I wish they would do there part . Can I file a harassment charge for against them?

I filed for benefits plus in July 07 which covers me up to $1,000 or 4 months which ever comes first ,my montly payment is around $253.00 so can you tell me why I am being harassed..?

Cee
jersey city, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 08:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RENT-A-CENTER/JERSEY-CITY-New-Jersey-07305/RENT-A-CENTER-COMPANY-CONTINUES-TO-HARASS-ME-WHEN-I-HAVE-FILLED-BENEFITS-PLUS-FORMS-DUE-T-269072. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RENT A CENTER

Benefits Plus

AUTHOR: D - (U.S.A.)

Cee,

What is the store saying about the status of your benefits plus? Have you talked to the Store Manager and ask him/her what the problem is?

I've had customer's qualify for unemployment status before and depending on the account, I've had Benefits Plus cover for the customer. I do admit it takes some time to get a check out of Benefits Plus. But the Store Manager can check the status and if Benefits Plus is going to cover, then he needs to note the account so the Customer Rep's aren't calling you.

If you do qualify for the benefits, and the Store Manager is not willing to work with you, the next step would be to call the customer care line which is posted on the wall near the front counter.