Complaint Review: REPUBLIC WESTERN INSURANCE "U-HAUL"

• Submitted: Sun, November 28, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, December 09, 2011

• Reported By: John Walsh — marion Indiana United States of America
REPUBLIC WESTERN INSURANCE "U-HAUL"
Marion, Indiana United States of America

REPUBLIC WESTERN INSURANCE "U-HAUL" WESTERN REPUBLIC, INSURANCE FOR U HAUL AND PARENT COMPANY OF U HAUL Working man with tore up truck thanks to u-haul Marion, Indiana

I rented a Auto Transport From U haul In Marion Indiana on the 19th of November 2010 to Transport my 2000 Pontiac GTP 25 miles to be worked on. I paid $75 for the trailer rental which included a insurance fee for Republic Western which was suppose to cover any damages done to trailer, vehicle being towed and the vehicle doing the towing. I made it about 3 miles down the road with the pontiac on the trailer when the locking device on the trailer broke (come to find out it had broken once before and u haul had a crappy repair job to it) when the lock broke the trailer kicked it self off the ball of my truck causing the trailer to hit the rear end of my truck, destrying my tailgate and the side of my truck, a chevy step side with fiber glass sides, my truck has sustained $2800 in damages, it is not driveable. Also my Pontiac came free from the trailer, crusing the front driver side head lights, hood and bumper causing a total of 2750 in damages if replaced with junk yard items. I am not being helped much at all with this situation, I work with my truck to make a living and they dont seem to care. I have spoke to republic western on two different occasions and they sont want to pay what is required to fix my vehicles. Did I mention Republic Western owns U-HAUL. I am ready to find an attorney and sue this company for loss of income, negliance, and any thing else possible. MY ADVICE TO YOU IS TO BOYCOTT U-HAUL.  BUDGET RENTALS IS THE WAY TO GO.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/28/2010 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REPUBLIC-WESTERN-INSURANCE-U-HAUL/Marion-Indiana-46953/REPUBLIC-WESTERN-INSURANCE-U-HAUL-WESTERN-REPUBLIC-INSURANCE-FOR-U-HAUL-AND-PARENT-COMP-666091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REPUBLIC WESTERN INSURANCE "U-HAUL"