• Submitted: Tue, August 18, 2009
  • Updated: Tue, August 18, 2009

• Reported By: sugar — NY New York USA
1936 Boothe Circle Longwood, Florida United States of America

RIU somehow gets your information from the local Florida court about Timeshare owners(that's how I was told by the salesman)and one of the salesman will call you that they can rent your un-used bonus weeks on your timeshare. That sounds very attractive since you really don't get to use your bonus weeks because they have short booking dates and most places you want to go, wouldn't be available.

So, this salesman named Bobbie, called me in March 2008 and sold me on it. I had to pay $1300 upfront with my credit card as a one time advertising fee and he pitched that my timeshare(Gold Crown Luxury with 2 BEDROOM) are selling at $2100 a week. Sounds wonderful huh? He said since it's the popular resort, I wouldn't have problem renting it and it would probably be rented within 3 months tops.

Guess what.. It is now August 2009 and it was never rented. I called them numerous times to check the status of if and even lowered my renting price to $600 a week and it's still not selling. Whenever I call, they try to put hopes in me that it's going to sell quick but I just know that it's not gonna happen.

I asked for atleast a partial refund, and they said no.. because they are still advertising- and there's really no proof if they really are other than on their website, riutimeshares.com. On the contract, it states that it's guarantee that they'll rent it with in 6 months but it never happenend.

They have lots of case against them through BBB and I'll be adding a complaint too. Please avoid these people and save your $1300!!!!!!! At this point, I'll be happy to get atleat a half refund! I see that these people are nothing more than a scam with nice cover up as an advertising company. AVOID!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/18/2009 12:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RESORTS-INTERNATIONAL-UNLIMITED/Longwood-Florida-32750/RESORTS-INTERNATIONAL-UNLIMITED-RIU-timeshare-SCAM-THEYLL-NEVER-RENT-YOUR-BONUS-WEEK-Lo-481813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RESORTS INTERNATIONAL UNLIMITED