Complaint Review: RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES AND ASHLAND UNIVERSITY

• Updated: Fri, January 20, 2012

• Reported By: wstsdgrl — Louisville Kentucky United States of America
RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES AND ASHLAND UNIVERSITY
15 Main St Greenville, South Carolina United States of America

RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES AND ASHLAND UNIVERSITY Northland group, LVNV Funding Will not validate debt- as others have complained never heard of supposed original debtor Greenville, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: They are lying to you.

I recieved a letter from "Northland Group" supposedly collecting a debt for Ashland University. I have never heard of Ashland University.

The notice said that I owed over 800 dollars and due to interest and fees ect, and that figure would be changing soI should call the 800 # in order to find out the exact amount. It also said that they would take 350+ in order to clear the debt.

I sent a certified letter asking them to validate the debt. I asked for a few things, how they calculated that total, what services the debt was for ect ect .

I received a response from Resurgent Capital Services yesterday saying that they were responding to my validation request. What happened to the Northland Group??? It was one sheet of paper that said that ASHLAND UNIVERSITY was the original debtor and they bought the debt in September. That was it!!

I am sending out another letter today asking them yet again to validate the debt. I just read another complaint EXACTLY like mine, I have a feeling that this is going to be a huge headache!

Thanks and good luck to anyone who is dealing with the same...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/17/2011 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RESURGENT-CAPITAL-SERVICES-AND-ASHLAND-UNIVERSITY/Greenville-South-Carolina-/RESURGENT-CAPITAL-SERVICES-AND-ASHLAND-UNIVERSITY-Northland-group-LVNV-Funding-Will-not-v-799139. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RESURGENT CAPITAL SERVICES AND ASHLAND UNIVERSITY

They are lying to you.

AUTHOR: Graham1954 - (United States of America)

By law they cannot just state "This is who you owe"  They must provide FULL details of the original creditor and date of the last payment made as a very minimum.  I would presume as they just stated this is the creditor they have no real proof so I would use a free credit report site such as Quizzle.com to check your credit report and if their negative report is on there dispute it.

They then have to prove to the CRA that the debt is valid.  Please note that you don't have to prove anything, they have to prove their case.  I have had in the past bottom feeders like LVNV ask me to prove I don't owe them and in every case when I refused the negative was removed within 30 days.