Complaint Review: REUNION.COM

• Submitted: Wed, April 11, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, April 11, 2007

• Reported By:Other Utah
REUNION.COM
12100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 150 Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

REUNION.COM CHARGED MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION! Los Angeles California

I have spent the last month contacting the Reunion.com numerous times to dispute an unauthorized $36.00 PayPal charge to renew an annual subscription. I have received NO response and NO refund. The following is a chronology of my efforts:

February 2: I logged into my account and disabled the auto-renew feature. Effective March 15, my prior subscription should have expired.

February 22: I log into my account to verify my settings again. This time, I printed my profile to show the expiration date as 3/15/2007. Clearly, I must have sensed Reunion.com was going to scam me!

March 15: I unexpectedly receive an invoice from PayPal for $36 on behalf of Reunion.com. I immediately forward the email to support@reunion.com (per the invoice instructions) to dispute the charge.

March 20: I followed-up with another email by forwarding the March 15 email with an additional reminder.

March 29: I log into Reunion.com and submit yet another dispute. I receive a generic auto-reply stating I should be contacted within 3 business days.

April 5: I visit the Better Business Bureau site http://www.bbb.org and see Reunion.com has an F rating for deceptive business practices and poor response to customer complaints. I lodge a formal complaint.

I respond to the auto-reply expressing my extreme displeasure with Reunion.com.

I contact my bank to inquire about consumer protections or other recourse I may have against this unauthorized transaction.

April 7: I receive a response from my bank advising me to visit any branch and complete paperwork to dispute the charge. File dispute with them.

I started out polite. But it got me absolutely no where. Now, I have publicly posted comments on Reunion.com to warn others about my experience. I will continue to do so to help protect other consumers. If I can dissuade one person a day from joining, I will cost the company over $13,000 this year! I bet they will wish they had given me my measily $36 refund!

Why does Reunion.com offer the option to disable auto-renew, if the company ignores it and charges me anyway? It is very unfortunate consumers have to resort to drastic measures in order to get Reunion.com to conduct business in an ethical manner.

I want a refund for the unauthorized renewal of my membership! For all others reading this: Caveat Emptor - Buyer Beware!

Janna
Other, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2007 10:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/REUNIONCOM/Los-Angeles-California-90025/REUNIONCOM-CHARGED-MY-PAYPAL-ACCOUNT-WITHOUT-AUTHORIZATION-Los-Angeles-California-243592. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on REUNION.COM