Complaint Review: RGP Customer Research Inc. Dennis Burton

RGP Customer Research Inc. Dennis Burton
15 WALL STREET STE 09 New York, New York USA

RGP Customer Research Inc. Dennis Burton Email Fraud New York New York

*Consumer Comment: Mystery shopper scam

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: RGP customer research Inc.

*Consumer Comment: Tried to get me today

*Consumer Comment: He almost got me with the same thing

*Consumer Comment: All of you should...

*General Comment: I had a similar experience

*General Comment: guy almost got me too

I started receiving emails to become a mystery shopper by a man named Dennis Burton. He sent me the assignments to complete and also shortly he mailed the fake money orders and a company check to cash at my banl. I only completed the first assignment with the first money order that he sent, and the next day found out that it's a scam. He stole $870 from me, which I didnt have in the first place. I was just completeling the tast he asked me on time, so I could make few bucks since I'm in college full time and not working. But this turned out to be a scam. I reported this issue today as well with the FBI in my city. Please if anyone can help me out here an let me know what to do in order to fix this situation asap. This happened 5/9/13, and I have all of his emails and mail that he sent me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2013 11:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RGP-Customer-Research-Inc-Dennis-Burton/New-York-New-York-10009/RGP-Customer-Research-Inc-Dennis-Burton-Email-Fraud-New-York-New-York-1049884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RGP Customer Research Inc. Dennis Burton

Mystery shopper scam

AUTHOR: nana-Carol - ()

2013-09-10

I myself fell for a mystery shoppers scam, a fake check that was sent to my home! I had been on the look-out for work at home on the net. I had browsed some mystery shoppers sites but do not recall signing up with anyone as an emploee! I cashed the in 2008 and received a criminal summons in 2012 in circuit court and charged with forged instrument-a felony! Luckily my lawyer believed in me and fought for me,and after 8 months of worry and stress they dropped the criminal charges, yet I have to pay my lawyer fees,$2,200.00 in restitution and a $200.00 fine for a charge that should have been a civil case in the 1st place! So,beware and take the time do some research and investigate thoroughly.

It will save you alot of worry, stress,headache,and not including your court dates you must keep until it is resolved. This is just a warning to be cautious and use common sense. After all is said and done it is your $ and you will be the one that has to pay it back! Beware and listen to those gut feelings, they are usually right! Thanks for hearing me out. Cooperate with authoritis and let them handle it but, you will not be compensated your money and like me, you may face charges-I fought mine all the way to the day before trial and the prosecutor offered me a $200 fine plus restitution! Its amess but thankfully I am finished with the court stuff, now I have to start making payments! Good luck.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

RGP customer research Inc.

AUTHOR: jocie - ()

So I have received the same paperwork and cashiers check amount of $1,600 also and I am curious what would happen if I just go to a check cashing company and cash the cashiers check without even involving my bank or risking the check being cancelled??? Any thoughts???

Tried to get me today

AUTHOR: kaystevens991 - ()

I just received an email from Dennis Burton stating that I could be paid for being a mystery shopper. I almost went for it, emailed him a few times but a friend of mine recently went through a similar situation where she was sent fraudulent checks to cash and almost got into some major trouble with the authorities, so I decided before I proceed I would look it up, and now I'm here. He's still using that mrdenniss.huntt15@gmail.com address so he must not really care about getting caught.

He almost got me with the same thing

AUTHOR: MylesHa94 - ()

I was contacted about two weeks from a guy named Dennis Burton from RGP Consumer Research Inc. saying he had a business proposal for me. I never responded to the email unitl he kept sending me the same exact message over and over. Then today on Friday July 5,2013 I went to check the mailbox as usual and there was a ups flat rate package in there from the same person, and at first I started to do go and cash the check because it seemed easy enough to do, but before i could do that i went back in the house to do some research of my own and that is when i found this website with comments of rip-off the same exact guy. So as of now I need to know what should i do with the check should burn it or take it to authorities.

All of you should...

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

All of you should report to FTC (www.ftc.gov) about this including all information about the guy. They should be able to trace email to whoever is using it because it should come from the same location. This scammer is not that sophisticated if he keeps using the same name all the time. Email addresses can be easily traced especially using gmail account. The FTC should have authority to do this kind of investigation.

#6 General Comment

I had a similar experience

AUTHOR: 2745 8th Ave - ()

Thanks for your post on this company and organization, RGP Customer Research. I almost was a victim to this scam ifnot for my research on Google and calling the bank to which the check was issued. It turns out Mr Burton has been involved in this internet fraud victimizing potential people who he recruits as mystery shoppers. I have reported him to local authorities and placed his email as phishing to warn others of his capacity. I have had other similar scams and as soon I received his check in the mail, I began researching the validity of the transaction. I  hope that many of us complain enough to close him down and have him pay restitution for our distress and potential loss of personal resources, let alone he is a fraud. This happened on May 28th.- Gregory

#7 General Comment

guy almost got me too

AUTHOR: 1234567dd - ()

the guy has a new email and i was contacted by him too from mrdennis.huntt15 at the gmail. i just got the first check for 1,900 but have  not deposited and will not

biggest