Complaint Review: RGS Financial

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: Anasthia J. — Sherwood Arkansas United States of America
RGS Financial
1700 Jay Ell Drive Richardson, Texas United States of America

RGS Financial Hidden fees when using RGS's website to pay off a debt Richardson, Texas

*UPDATE Employee: Response from RGS Financial

I was already outraged (and a little embarrassed) when RGS sent me a notification that my dentist forwarded my bill to them for collection. $34!!! Are you serious. I pay those bills every time I go in. But OK.

I tried to do the right thing and quickly resolve the matter by going to RGS's website to pay off the bill. Everything went smoothly until I received the confirmation page that said that they charged me an $8 "Payment Fee" surcharge.

There was NO indication anywhere in the checkout process that there would be a surcharge. And if I had known that there was one I could've just mailed the payment in. This is a complete and total scam!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/10/2013 11:24 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RGS-Financial/Richardson-Texas-75081/RGS-Financial-Hidden-fees-when-using-RGSs-website-to-pay-off-a-debt-Richardson-Texas-994545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RGS Financial

Response from RGS Financial

AUTHOR: Cpruitt - (USA)

My name is Chris Pruitt. I am a Vice President at RGS Financial.

I appreciate your concern about the processing fee for online payments. We have tried to make this as transparant as possible. There is a disclaimer on the payment screen that states "Please Note: There is a fee of $9.00 associated with this payment type." The $9 is also shown on a line below the amount you enter for your payment, then added to the total payment amount below that.

I would be open to any feedback you'd be willing to give about how we can make our on line experience better.

Also, if you call me, I can probably have your online payment reversed if you'd rather mail it in. My phone number is 866-941-8600 ext. 2009. If you'd prefer, you can email me at cpruitt@rgsfinancial.com.