Complaint Review: RHODES FURNITURE

• Submitted: Tue, August 06, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, August 06, 2002

• Reported By:GREENWOOD MO
RHODES FURNITURE
19110 E 39TH STREET INDEPENDENCE, Missouri U.S.A.

RHODES FURNITURE HRS HOUSEHOLD SERVICES ripoff dishonest fraudulent billing Independence Missouri

I made two seperate purchases one being 662 days same as cash no finanace charge no other fees. 2 weeks after I paid this purchase in full I made another purchase with 18 months same as cash no finance charge no other fees. I paid this in full also, prior to the due date. Now the finance company HRS Financeing says I owe $1100.00 dollars in late fees and finance charges stemming back from my original purchase which I have now discovered from looking into this in detail that I over paid by $435.00 dollars.

I have filed a dispute letter with no results. They still say I owe them which I can't believe as I have a same as cash contract with Rhodes along with all my dated paid checks with the last payment made by certified mail proving I paid them well before the due date, hence same as cash. Like I said same as cash means same as cash. I made my agreement with rhodes not HRS so they can kiss my blank.

I have all the proof I need they are just hoping I'll pay them and go away, they are so wrong they have not heard the last from me. I have delt with so many rude and clueless people at rhodes and hrs that I will never ever make another purchase or finance anything that hrs has to do with. No one is willing to help me with this matter they are totally incompatent and have caused hours of grief and stress for myself and husband and will pay for this in the end. If you have had simular problems please follow up on them as I am.

Kathy
Greenwood, Missouri

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2002 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RHODES-FURNITURE/INDEPENDENCE-Missouri-64057/RHODES-FURNITURE-HRS-HOUSEHOLD-SERVICES-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Independence-M-26241. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RHODES FURNITURE