Complaint Review: RICHARD OF JUST BRAKES

• Reported By: KIR — Atlanta Georgia
RICHARD OF JUST BRAKES
2510 N. COBB PKWY. KENNESAW, Georgia USA

RICHARD OF JUST BRAKES FILTHY "MECHANIC" KENNESAW Georgia

This report is made to put this mechanic on BLAST for his FILTHY services. I have a 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser and this "man" was SUPPOSE to have been a mechanic since the 60's (let him tell it).

So I was having a problem with my car not staying charged and I replaced the battery and the alternator. This "man" does all this talking about how there was a POSSIBLE short in the system and he was going to do this SO CALLED deal for me where he was going to put in a button so that my car would ALWAYS start. I ASKED HIM, "So I am not going to need a STARTER?" he says "NO"

THE NEXT DAY, I went to start my car and NOTHING, once AGAIN!!! SO, I contacted him to let him know that the car isn't starting and had him come and look at it. He comes, charges the battery AGAIN and does all this TAKING again and TESTS the ALTERNATOR and the STARTER and says, "Yea, its probably your battery." MIND YOU, I JUST bought my battery from AutoZone on February 18, 2014. Later that day I went back to AutoZone to get the battery they gave me TESTED. The gentleman at AutoZone said the battery was perfectly fine and my ALTERNATOR is fine.

NEXT DAY, my car doesn't start ONCE AGAIN, after this "man" ASSURED me that the part he put in my car would start every time. He also left saying that the job would be ONE PRICE and after he finished DOUBLED the price of what we already talked about.

I called him today (3/14/14) and told him that I went and got the battery tested and they told me is was nothing wrong with the battery. He was tring to tell me that I may have a SHORT in the system, which is what he told me the FIRST day, so if that was the issue and you have been doing this for over 50 years why would you put a part in the car JUST BC you didnt want to do the work to find where the problem was. HE COMPETELY RIPPED ME OFF and HUNG UP ON ME after I told him what he charged me for was not right.

I need to what I can do to get my money back or sue him. Do I have a case?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2014 01:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RICHARD-OF-JUST-BRAKES/KENNESAW-Georgia-30152/RICHARD-OF-JUST-BRAKES-FILTHY-MECHANIC-KENNESAW-Georgia-1130703. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RICHARD OF JUST BRAKES