• Submitted: Sat, April 20, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, April 20, 2013

• Reported By: DANA — VIRGINA BEACH Virginia
25 PACIFICA SUITE # 5326 IRVINE, California United States of America

I got a flyer in the mail for a law firm that talked about a loan modification to help reduce mortgage payments. I called the number and talked with a lawyer named John Sterne.  He informed me that it would cost $3200.00 dollars.   A flat fee payable in two installments of $1600.00 a month due 30 days apart.  I had to make the first payment before he could start  processing the paper work.  John Sterne sent me the paper work via email.  I filled out every thing and sent it back by fax.  Then a few days prior to the due date of the second payment he called me stating that I had to forward it.  They were paid the full amount of $3200.00 in Jan 2013.

I called John Sterne, who stated that we qualified for the loan modification.  He said that it would take three to four months and to give them time to process everything.  He also said that the loan company can legally sit on the paperwork for 30 days, so do not worry if you do not hear back from us soon.

I gave the company some time.  When I called I talked to Sofia Solis, Paralegal, to which our claim was assigned.  She could not find the paperwork that was faxed to John.  She asked us to give her sometime to locate our claim.  She said that she would call me back, but  I never received a call.  So I returned the call myself.  She gave me the run around and stated that she needed more paperwork to fill out.  Which she sent by email.  I filled out the paperwork and return it to her via fax.  She had also stated that we were not to contact the lawyer.

We hadn't heard back for a while so I called Sofia and she said that our claim was now being handled by Alex Alvares.   At that time he also stated that he needed more paperwork, that was duplicate of what was already sent.  He also gave us the run around and never called back.

About a week later I called to get an update.  At that time a Paralegal name Debbie Peterkin answered the phone and she was assisting Alex in our claim.   She also couldn't find our claim and said she would be forwarding more paperwork via email.  When I received the paperwork it was paperwork that I had already sent various other times.  This bothered me so I called the lawyer and the number was disconnected, with no other numbers given.  I also tried to call the Paralegals back.  The phone just kept ringing with no answering machine pick-up.

We are extremely upset concerning this matter and would like to get our $3200.00 back.  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/20/2013 09:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RICHEY-REAL-ESTATE-LAW-FIRM/IRVINE-California-92618/RICHEY-REAL-ESTATE-LAW-FIRM-RIPPED-OFF-BY-LAW-FIRM-FOR-LOAN-MODIFICATION-IRVINE-Califor-1044807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RICHEY REAL ESTATE LAW FIRM