Complaint Review: RIDES UNLIMITED

• Updated: Thu, April 19, 2012

• Reported By: IGOTRIPPEDOFF — MAHTOMEDI Minnesota United States of America
RIDES UNLIMITED
908 E. Rt. 71 Internet United States of America

RIDES UNLIMITED ADAM SINGER/JEFF I GOT RIPPED OFF,LIED TO, NEVER BUY A VEHICLE FROM THIS DEALER, OR ONLINE!! Internet

I GOT SCREWED,RIPPED OFF, TAKIN ADVANTAGE OF. HERE'S WHAT'S GOING ON.  I BOUGHT A TRAILBLAZER FOR  $15,000 FROM RIDES UNLIMITED, NEWARK IL.. AND HERE'S WHAT THE PROBLEM IS.

PETER THE SEMI DRIVER (1-847-715-8837) WILL VERIFY THAT WHEN HE PICKED UP THE TRUCK, (PICKED UP ON 03/22/2012 , DELIVERED ON 03/23/2012) THERE WAS ENGINE NOISE WHEN HE PULLED IT ON THE TRUCK. HE SAID, RIDES UNLIMITED SAID ""YOUR A DUMB SEMI DRIVER, JUST DELIVER THE TRUCK,THAT'S WHAT YOU ME FOR ""

ADAM ADMITTED THE DRIVER DID IN FACT MENTION THIS PROBLEM PRIOR TO DELIVERING IT TO MINNESOTA.

MY ROOMMATE CALLED ME WHILE I WAS IN MEXICO,(TRUCK GOT DELIVERED WHILE I WAS ON VACATION) FIRST THING HE SAYS ""JEFF, YOUR GOING TO BE MAD, ENGINE KNOCKS, XM ANTENNA IS BROKE, FRONT BUMPER IS PULLED DOWN, THERE'S OVER SPRAY IN RIGHT FRONT FENDER, AND BELTS SQUEAK, ALSO THERE IS NO GAS, AND I MEAN NONE, IT WAS PAST THE ""EMPTY"" MARK. [continued below]....
.....""

SO I CALL THE SEMI DRIVER,(ON 03/23/2012) PETER, HE SAID YES, IT WAS MAKING A KNOCKING NOISE. I THAN CALL JEFF @ RIDES UNLIMITED WHILE I'M IN MEXICO. I SAY ""JEFF, THIS IS JEFF, THAT TRAILBLAZER IS MAKING A ENGINE KNOCKING NOISE, BELTS ARE CHIRPING WHAT IS YOUR WARRANTY AND WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS ? I HAVN'T EVEN HEARD IT, BUT SEMI DRIVER(PETER) VERIFIED IT, AND ROOMMATE (GREGG WAX) VERIFIED IT . " HE SAYS ""SETTLE DOWN, WERE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, WE WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU. BRING IT TO THE DEALER AND HAVE IT CHECKED OUT ETC.. ETC... " THAN HE SAYS ""IT'S NORMAL FOR 5.3L, 6.0L, 8.1L GM MOTORS TO MAKE NOISE WHEN YOU FIRST START IT."" (THE PROBLEM HERE IS IT MAKES THE ENGINE NOISE ALL THE TIME EVEN AT OPERATING TEMPERATURES)

AFTER I RETURNED HOME FROM MEXICO,(ON 03/25/2012) I DROVE IT TO WORK ON MONDAY MORNING (3/26/2012) AND I REPLACED THE BELTS (ONE WAS O.E. WITH 100K, OTHER ONE HAD BASIC WEAR. ADAM HAS PICTURES AND FIRST EMAIL WITH ALL OF THIS INFO)

I ALSO CHANGED ALL DIFFS AND T-CASE FLUIDS, ALL THREE WERE BLACK, WITH METAL SHAVINGS (LACK OF MAINTENANCE CAUSES THIS) I ALSO DID A MOBILE ONE OIL CHANGE WITH A GM OIL FILTER AND THE OIL FILTER THAT WAS ON THERE PRIOR TO SERVICE WAS WRONG FILTER.  AIR FILTER WAS IN THERE SO LONG, IT WAS RUSTY AND PACKED WITH DIRT. (SEE PICTURES) AFTER DOING ALL REPAIRS, ENGINE KNOCKING NOISE STILL REMAINED.

I THAN TOOK IT TO THE GM DEALER(03/27/2012) ""MERIT CHEV"" AND THEY DIAGNOSED IT AS CYLINDER NUMBER ONE HAS A PROBLEM. ONCE THEY SHUT OFF CYLINDER NUMBER ONE, ALL ENGINE NOISES WENT AWAY.(SEE DIAGNOSTIC RECIPIENTS) THERE FOR IT HAS POSSIBLE, ROD BEARING, PISTON SKIRT,MAIN BEARING PROBLEM. NEEDS $1000.00 TO TEAR OFF OIL PAN AND DIAGNOSE PROPERLY TO SEE WHERE NOISE IS EXACTLY COMING FROM. INTERNAL ENGINE NOISE IS CONSTANT EVEN AT OPERATING TEMPERATURES.

NOT ONLY I HAVE INTERNAL ENGINE DAMAGE,  ADAM TALKED TO MERIT CHEV, ADAM ASKED ""IF IT WAS BEAT ON? IS THAT WHY ITS MAKING NOISE??"" TREVOR AT MERIT CHEV (651-739-4400) SAID ""NO,,,,IT HAS 100K ON IT, SO IT'S HARD TO SAY, WHEN AND WHY IT HAPPENED UNTIL WE TAKE OIL PAN OFF AND DIAGNOSE IT ALL THE WAY THREW.. ETC ETC...""

NOT ONLY THE XM ANTENNA WAS BROKE OFF(SEE PICTURES)

NOT ONLY FRONT BUMPER WAS PULLED DOWN (SEE PICTURES)

NOT ONLY THE A/C BELT WAS O.E. AND MAKING NOISE (SEE PICTURES)

NOT ONLY FLUIDS WERE BLACK (A.W.D. FLUIDS)

NOT ONLY AIR FILER WAS PACKED FULL OF DIRT AND RUSTY (SEE PICTURES)

NOT ONLY RIGHT FRONT INNER FENDER HAD OVER SPRAY PAINT

NOT ONLY YOU TOLD ME NO TAX, WELL THERE'S ""OVER THE STATE LINE FEE'S,"""  AND YOU TACKED ON $150.00 TO SALE, THEY YOU DIDN'T TALK ABOUT? WHY WOULDN'T YOU TELL A CUSTOMER ABOUT THIS?

YOU TOLD ME THREE TIMES YOU WOULD BY IT BACK IN A HEART BEAT

YOU ALSO TOLD ME YOU WOULD INSTALL HONEY OIL IN IT AND SHIP IT WHOLESALE?

JEFF SAID ""VEHICLE IS PERFECT, NO NOISES, PREVIOUS OWNER WAS AN ""AUDI MECHANIC""".

OBVIOUSLY IT'S NOT PERFECT AND MINT LIKE JEFF SAID WHEN I FIRST CALLED.

YOU GUYS SOLD ME A CAR ON GOOD FAITH OVER THE PHONE. I WAS LIED TO AND CHEATED.

I DROVE IT IN TODAY AND L/F ABS SENSOR/BEARING WENT BAD.

WHILE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD IT SAID """STABILATRAK ACTIVE...."""" AND IT WOULDN'T LET ME DRIVE DOWN THE FREEWAY. SO THERE FOR THIS MORNING I HAD PEOPLE HONKING AT ME AND MOTOR WAS KNOCKING AT THE SAME TIME. I WAS VERY,VERY UPSET.

WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO ABOUT THIS????  IT'S BEEN A WEEK AND HALF. I'M SICK OF CALLING, AND EMAILING AND GETTING THE RUN AROUND, I'M SICK OF GETTING LIED TO.

ALL I'M ASKING YOUR COMPANY TO DO IS TO KEEP YOUR WORD. YOUR WORD WAS, ""I'LL BUY THAT BACK ASAP, I CAN RESALE THAT TRUCK IN A HEART BEAT, WE SELL 200 CARS A MONTH, I'LL PUT HONEY IN OIL TO QUITE IT UP AND WHOLESALE IT... ETC ETC......""  SO I'M ASKING TO EITHER BUY IT BACK LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD, OR GET ME AN EXTENDED WARRANTY.

I EVEN OFFERED TO PAY FOR SHIPPING, TO RETURN THE VEHICLE. I ALREADY HAVE $500.00 INTO REPAIRS AND FLUIDS, AND I'M STILL WILLING TO PAY FOR SHIPPING IT BACK TO GET THIS OUT OF MY HAIR. WHO STICKS $500.00 INTO A TRUCK AND WANTS TO SHIP IT BACK? NO ONE, THE REASON I'M WHILING TO DO IT, IS BECAUSE TO REPAIR THIS TRUCK WILL BE $2500 TO $5500.00, AND I HAD IT DELIVERED WITH INTERNAL ENGINE DAMAGE. NOT ONE PERSON WARNED ME ABOUT NOISE'S AND LACK OF MAINTENANCE. IF THEY DID? I WOULDN'T OF BOUGHT THIS POOR MAINTAINED, ENGINE NOISED TRAILBLAZER FOR $15,000

YOU ALSO SAID I COULD HAVE AN EXTENDED WARRANTY TO GET IT REPAIRED, WELL, IF THAT IS THE CASE, LETS GET THIS TAKEN CARE OF. YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN BLOWING ME OFF, TREATING ME LIKE CRAP FOR A WEEK AND HALF. IT DOESN'T TAKE A WEEK AND A HALF TO MAKE A DECISION. I'V CALLED OVER 11 TIMES. DO YOU LIKE IT WHEN YOU GET BOTHERED THAT MANY TIMES?

I EITHER WANT TO RETURN THIS TRUCK THIS WEEK, OR GET MY EXTEND WARRANTY TO COVER THE ENGINE PROBLEM IT HAS. FOR $15,000 A CUSTOMER SHOULD HAVE TO DROP ANOTHER $2500 TO $5500.00 TO FIX AND """PRIOR"" ENGINE KNOCKING NOISE THAT """WAS NOT"" TALKED ABOUT PRIOR TO ME BUYING VEHICLE.

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR TIME SO FAR. I HOPE THIS ISSUE WILL GET RESOLVED THIS WEEK.

SIDE NOTE:

FOR STATE EMPLOYE: ADAM, SAYS HE "MAY DO SOMETHING, OR HE MAY NOT. I TALKED TO HIM ALL LAST WEEK, AND  ON 04/02/2012 AND ON 04/4/2012 AND HE SAID HE'S ""THINKING ABOUT IT.""

FOR AFFINITY PLUS:   PLEASE PRINT THIS AND KEEP FOR YOUR RECORDS. ALONG WITH ALL THE PICTURES.

FOR STATE:THEY WILL NOT LET ME TALK TO OWNER, ADAM SAID HE GETS TO TAKE CARE OF IT.

JEFF

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2012 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RIDES-UNLIMITED/internet/RIDES-UNLIMITED-ADAM-SINGERJEFF-I-GOT-RIPPED-OFFLIED-TO-NEVER-BUY-A-VEHICLE-FROM-THIS-870722. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RIDES UNLIMITED