Complaint Review: RIDGID Tools

• Submitted: Mon, October 01, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, October 01, 2012

• Reported By: Nfoster — Renton Washington U.S.A.
RIDGID Tools

RIDGID Tools sold by Home Depot Lifetime Warranty is a FRAUD Internet

In September 2007, I purchased a RIDGID 18 volt Hammer Drill/Jigsaw Combo from Home Depot. I chose RIDGID over the other brands because of their lifetime warranty. Per the instructions regarding the Lifetime Service Agreement (LSA0, I IMMEDIATELY registered all of the items in the kit as soon as I came home with the kit. These items included the Hammer Drill, Jigsaw, Battery Charger and two batteries.

After a recent conversation with a friend regarding a bad experience that he had trying to submit a claim under the LSA, I decided to verify the status of my own tools.

ALL of the tools that I registered for the LSA in September, 2007 were listed as either "NO WARRANTY" or "3 YEAR WARRANTY" (the latter expired two years ago, so the results are actually the same).

I find it very it VERY interesting that a Router that I purchased, AND RETURNED five months earlier is still registered to me, and HAS the Lifetime Service Agreement.

I have noticed numerous complaints regarding the LSA with RIDGID tools. Something must be done to make them honor their warranty.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2012 01:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RIDGID-Tools/internet/RIDGID-Tools-sold-by-Home-Depot-Lifetime-Warranty-is-a-FRAUD-Internet-949198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RIDGID Tools