Complaint Review: RITZ/WOLF CAMERA.COM

RITZ/WOLF CAMERA.COM
RitzCamera.com Internet U.S.A.

RITZ/WOLF CAMERA.COM RITZCAMERA RIP OFF internet

*Author of original report: Thank You

*UPDATE Employee: Do you still need help?

Ordered cordless remotes from Ritzcamera.com was sent corded remotes.Alerted customer service(hah)immediately.Still waiting one month later for Return Merchandise authorization.

Contacted Customer service on several occasions,was first told 10-14 buisness days It has now been about 1 month with no action from Ritz camera.

I am informing everyone that I can to beware of doing buisness with these crooks.Here are a few typical responses from them

> We have already sent a reminder to the distribution
> network for the RMA number. As per the recent update
> we have received from our distribution network, they
> will get back to us within 72 hours.

That was dated 10/19 they must use a different time measurement.

I have offered a few scenarios to help resolve the problem and they do not even address my concerns. BEWARE!!

Richie
ELGIN, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/24/2006 05:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RITZWOLF-CAMERACOM/internet/RITZWOLF-CAMERACOM-RITZCAMERA-RIP-OFF-internet-217496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RITZ/WOLF CAMERA.COM

AUTHOR: Richie - (U.S.A.)

Thank you while you do not work for Ritzcamera.com, your response was more helpful and informative than anythinmg I was sent by them. I also work in retail, that is why I am more than familiar with what good and what poor customer service is. It is very easy to tell the difference between arep that is reciting a
canned company response or when that is paying attention to the individual problem and is working to help solve a problem.That point is emphasized even more when the customer makes suggestions to resolve the issue and there is no acknowledgement of those suggestions..

You wrote "The customer service reps at any reputable company want to help you resolve your problems". I believe that is where one of the problems is I no longer think the company is reputable!As for buying the product locally usually my first choice to put $$ back into the local economy. This was a gift certificate that I was told only redeemable at ritz.com

Do you still need help?

AUTHOR: R - (U.S.A.)

Dear Richie:

I am an employee of Wolf Camera, though on the retail level, not the website. I am not responding officially for the company.

I am sorry you are having trouble.

If you are still having trouble, I will see if I can find someone at ritzcamera.com to address your issue. Just let me know.

Here are a couple of suggestions to make things easier in the future. These would apply to any vendor you deal with.

I know how upsetting it is to get the wrong product and/or poor customer service, but in the end, somebody just made a simple mistake here. Making a mistake does not constitute a ripoff and certainly doesn't justify being accused of being crooks.

The customer service reps at any reputable company want to help you resolve your problems, but in the end, they are people just like you. The more pleasant you make the situation for them, the more likely they are to do their best for you. They will understand and appreciate that you are upset, but you don't have to take it out on them. They also have guidelines and procedures for resolving issues that they have to follow.

I am not trying to imply that you were rude to the customer service reps, but a lot of people are. I have been guilty of it myself in the past.

Another suggestion is to buy (or order) locally. In checking the store locator, I find there are four Wolf/Ritz Camera stores withing 10 miles of Elgin, Il. and a bunch more within 20 miles. It may not be as convenient and you will have to pay the dreaded sales tax, but you will get far more personalized service when you deal with a vendor face to face.

Had the mistake you are dealing with been made while ordering normally stocked items from a local store, the wrong product could have been directly returned and the right product reordered for you. No RMAs would have been required.

I hope we have the opportunity to continue doing business with you in the future.