Complaint Review: RIVER VIEW AUTO SALES

• Submitted: Sat, November 19, 2005
  • Updated: Wed, October 20, 2010

• Reported By:PASSAIC New Jersey
RIVER VIEW AUTO SALES
848 RIVER DR GARFIELD, New Jersey U.S.A.

RIVER VIEW AUTO SALES - PETER CASTELLANO ripoff, DISHONEST, FRAUDULENT WARRANTY, POOR SERVICE AND PROFESSIONALISM GARFIELD New Jersey

*General Comment: Positive Experience with Peter Castellano

*Consumer Comment: Good Experience with this dealer

I PURCHASED A USED VEHICLE FROM RIVERVIEW AUTO SALES IN MAY 2005. SINCE DAY ONE I HAVE HAD TROUBLE WITH HE CAR. I'VE HAD PROBLEMS WITH THE A/C HEATER NOT WORKING, I HAD TO GET THE TRANSMISSION REPLACED.

I TOOK IT BACK TO HIM SO THAT HE COULD GET THE A/C FIXED. HE TOOK IT TO AN UNKNOWN LOCATION TO GET THE A/C FIXED. I GOT THE CAR BACK AND WITHIN 1.5 MONTHS THE A/C-HEATER STOPPED WORKING.

I TOOK THE VEHICE TO THE A MANUFACTURERS DEALER AND I WAS TOLD THE PESON WHO FIXED THE A/C HAD CUT WIRES TO MAKE AN AFTER MARKET PART FIT IN TO MAKE THE A/C WORK. I CALLED R.V.A.S AND I WAS SPOKEN TO IN A RUDE MANNER.

I WAS TOLD I COULD NOT HAVE THE NAME,ADDRESS, OR THE PHONE NUMBER IF THE PERSON HE TOOK IT TO FIX.

ANOTHER ISSUE WITH THIS WHOLE PURCHASE. I WAS TOLD THAT WITH THE PURCHASE I WOULD GET A 3 MONTH WARRANTY. I HAD CALLED THE WARRANTY COMPANY TO ASK A QUESTION ABOUT THE COVERGAE OF A CERTAIN PART AND I WAS TOLD I DID NOT HAVE ANY WARRANTIES.

I WAS TOLD THAT THE SELLING DEALER NEVER SENT IN MY CONTRACT TO HAVE THE WARRANTY STARTED. I HAVE A LETTER FROM THE WARRANTY COMPANY PROVING THAT I NEVER AD A WARRANTY.

THE OWNER OF RIVER VIEW AUTO SALES (PETER CASTELLANO) HAS BEEN GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND SINCE DAY ONE. AND IT HAS BEEN AN EXTREMELY STRESSFUL EXPERIENCE.

AS OF YET I STILL HAVE NOT HAD MY A/C HEATER FIXED, THE COST OF THE FIX IS CLOSE TO $800 DOLLARS, AND I AM CURRENTLY SEEKING LEGAL HELP.

JUNITO
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2005 11:10 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RIVER-VIEW-AUTO-SALES/GARFIELD-New-Jersey/RIVER-VIEW-AUTO-SALES-PETER-CASTELLANO-ripoff-DISHONEST-FRAUDULENT-WARRANTY-POOR-SERV-165198. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RIVER VIEW AUTO SALES

#1 General Comment

Positive Experience with Peter Castellano

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

I am a supplier to Riverside Auto Sales and have been working with Peter since April of 2010.  He has always been open and honest in our business dealings, and upheld his end of the bargain.  I have recommended Peter to several friends who were looking for affordable/reliable cars for kids returning to college and he was able to help them out.  I would not hesitate to recommend him again.

Good Experience with this dealer

AUTHOR: Chris - (United States of America)

We purchased a car for our daughter who was rcently divorced and needed an affordable and reliable car.  Peter worked with us to find a car that fit her needs and our budget.  Knock on wood, she has had the car since April and has not had any problems.  Peter went out of his way to help us and I wuld recommend him to my friends and family.