Complaint Review: RJM ACQ Funding - RJM Acquisitions Funding

• Submitted: Sat, April 14, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, June 07, 2007

• Reported By:Apollo Pennsylvania
RJM ACQ Funding - RJM Acquisitions Funding
575 Underhill Blvd, Suite 224 Syosset, New York U.S.A.

RJM ACQ Funding - RJM Acquisitions Funding RJM Fingerhut ripoff Double Whammy! Fraudulent billing and dunning letters Fingerhut Syosset New York

*Author of original report: RJM and Complaint Remover.com taking away your rights to hide victims complaints for unscrupulous businesses willing to pay them, passing bogus information about Rip-off Report

*Author of original report: I won!

*Consumer Suggestion: STEVE QUESTION .... I KNOW YOU ANSWERED THIS BUT CAN'T REMEMBER THE ANSWER...

*Consumer Suggestion: SAMPLE DISPUTE LETTER

*Consumer Suggestion: FIRST STAY OFF THE PHONE ... NEXT IN WRITING TELL THEM TO VALIDATE THE CLAIM ....

*Consumer Comment: I need to know what to do

*Consumer Suggestion: They are JUNK DEBT BUYERS, Not creditors.

*Author of original report: RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC- Complaints sents, the hunt is on

I have been following the e-mails about this company and I felt compelled to let you know my situation. I received 2 letters from this company one about a Fingerhut bill dated 7/22/96. The last payment amount that is listed is 12.66, however the payment they are asking for is 126.60. On this letter it is stated that they are my new creditor

The second letter is for a Citibank credit card in the amount of 1,833.84. Here is the kicker they have listed a partial SSN on the letter with the first two numbers and the last two numbers. And they start out their letter with "As you recall..." As if we had been in communications before. Notice that the date is not on this letter.

I have learned a one thing about about junk debt buyers, they really hope that you are stupid. Please get to know the consumer protection laws of your state and the laws regarding proper collection of debt. These will save you, in the long run.

Now for the folks that got the Fingerhut letters notice that they announce that they are your new CREDITOR. Under the law FDCAP (I hope I got the intials right) you can not exercise your rights if the communication if from the original creditor. However, you can exercise your rights if the communication is from a 3rd party debt collector. Which these folks are. They hope to have you confused.

If any of you guys have received a letter like my Citibank letter, with the partial SSN, please contact your states attorney general and the FTC. Think Identity Fraud!

Lastly, always keep your original envelopes, because if you will notice on the envelope you can not see the post mark date and even though you may have physically receive the letter in April, the date maybe sometime in March, as my two are. This is an attempt to get you to run down the time on the 30days you have to respond.
Please stand up for your rights and demand better treatment. Also, be careful what you post on these websites, because I am sure that they are watching
Peace and blessings

B
Apollo, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/14/2007 10:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RJM-ACQ-Funding-RJM-Acquisitions-Funding/Syosset-New-York-11791-3416/RJM-ACQ-Funding-RJM-Acquisitions-Funding-RJM-Fingerhut-ripoff-Double-Whammy-Fraudulent-243992. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RJM ACQ Funding - RJM Acquisitions Funding

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

As I was doing research on the company RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC of Syosset New York, tosee if there was any other news about them, I came across this website ComplaintRemover.com. This site featured my ripoff report (without my permission) and described my report as "..for the most part unreliable and in many cases created as a form of extortion by Ripoff Report Founder ED Magedson..." I was flabbergasted.
They claim that Rip-off Report creates these reports to then extort companies!
This company boast that they can remove any negative internet information about a company and actually charge people for it. Most of the time this process does not work, so they are ripping off the companies that have alredy paid them.

No one from this company even validated or verified the report! My report is real and all of the facts can be attested to. I attempted to lodge a complaint against the company via their website- no such luck.

Notice no where on the website is the physical address listed. I also found that there were some other ripoff reports-YOUR RIPOFF REPORTS- that were listed on the website as being fake.

You all work hard for what you do. Do not let them take away your rights to complain and tell the world about how badly you were treated. For me I am going to tell everyone that I can.

If you visit the website and find that your report is listed, I suggested you print it out- as I did mine- and save it. This might be helpful someday
Good Luck!

I won!

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

Well a lot of things have happened since I wrote the orginial report. Number one I saw my letter being featured on ComplaintRemover.com as being fake and that Ed (founder of ripoff report) was the one that wrote the letter. First of all they used my letter without my permission and then did not do the work to find out if it was legitimate.

But oh! The sweetness when I received the letter from my states attroney general stating that I had won. RJM had to close my account and retract what it had reported to the CRA's. So, I won!

#3 Consumer Suggestion

STEVE QUESTION .... I KNOW YOU ANSWERED THIS BUT CAN'T REMEMBER THE ANSWER...

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

Under some posts the original creditor wrote off the debt and then handed it to a collection agency. Meanwhile, the original creditor illegally accepted payment and then hands it to the collection agency - an entity the debtor never had contact with. What is the resource on this ? What appears on the credit report is that the debtor directly paid the collection agency and the collection refuses to correct the credit bureau info. What to do?

#4 Consumer Suggestion

SAMPLE DISPUTE LETTER

from privacyrights.org

send this letter to the collection agency CERTIFIED RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED AND PUT THE CERT NUMBER ON THE LETTER ITSELF TO SUPPORT THE INFORMATION YOU SENT ....

*** DO NOT SIGN THE LETTER - TYPE OR PRINT YOUR NAME BECAUSE YOUR "SIGNATURE" MAY APPEAR ON DOCUMENTS YOU NEVER SAW .... ****

Your Name

Mailing Address
City, State, Zip

certification number ________________

Re: Dispute of Collection Action: Case # ________

[If the collection agency has sent written notice, your case number is likely in the letter. If you have not received a written notice from the collection agency, tailor this line accordingly. For example, show the date you were contacted by the collection agency and/or identify the creditor by name if you can.]

To [person whose name appears on agency's notice to you]:

On [date] I was contacted by [name of person who called you] of your agency, who informed me that [name of collection agency] is attempting to collect [amount of claimed debt]. This individual is collecting on behalf of [name of creditor]. [OR] This individual would not tell me for whom you are supposed to be collecting.

[OR]

On [date] I received a written notice of the claimed debt, a copy of which is attached.

This is to inform you that I dispute the debt because [insert reason for dispute, e.g. the agency has confused you with someone else or the debt was paid. Include copies, not originals, of any correspondence that proves your point]. I am hereby requesting that you confirm the fact that I owe this debt as required by any applicable state and federal laws. Please contact the creditor to obtain verification.

In addition, under the provisions of state and federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and related consumer statutes, I am hereby instructing you that you are to cease collection of the debt while efforts are made to obtain verification. Until you resolve this error with the creditor, you should neither contact me nor anyone else except the creditor about this collection.

Furthermore, any reporting of this matter to a credit reporting agency is premature. Until you have investigated my dispute, you should not relay negative information to a credit reporting agency. If negative information has already been reported, you will need to notify the agency to remove said report until the investigative process is over so that my credit report remains accurate, or at the very least, my credit report should be updated to reflect my dispute.

Your next contact with me should be either notice that the creditor has failed to provide verification of the debt and that the matter has been closed or that you believe that this debt is valid and are providing proof of my responsibility. If the former, please confirm that I am not being held responsible for the debt in writing and also that if the account has already been noted on my credit report, that you will contact the bureau(s) in question to have the account removed. If the latter, I expect that you will provide me with an explanation as to why you have decided not to remove this account from collections and a copy of all documents relevant to the debt such as the application, bills, records of communications and payments, and any other data that indicates my responsibility.

I am instructing you not to contact any third parties such as my employer, neighbors, friends or family members. In addition, you may not contact me by phone at work or at my home about this collection activity. All future correspondence should be sent to me in writing.

[If you want to still speak to a collector by phone, indicate times when it is okay to contact you or note the name, address, and phone number of your attorney, if you have retained one.]

I look forward to your acknowledgement that you have received this notice by [date that is two weeks from date of letter].

Sincerely,

Your name

#5 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: P - (U.S.A.)

Under the FDCPA, you are allowed to validate this debt, and the creditor (in this case, the collection agency) must show you proof that you owe the debt to the collection agency (not to the original creditor.)

The specific section of the FDCPA:
FDCPA Section 809. Validation of debts [15 USC 1692g] (b) If the consumer notifies the debt collector in writing within the thirty-day period described in subsection (a) that the debt, or any portion thereof, is disputed, or that the consumer requests the name and address of the original creditor, the debt collector shall cease collection of the debt, or any disputed portion thereof, until the debt collector obtains verification of the debt or any copy of a judgment, or the name and address of the original creditor, and a copy of such verification or judgment, or name and address of the original creditor, is mailed to the consumer by the debt collector.

Plus, they must show proof positive that you owe them this debt. It's not enough to send you a computer-generated printout of the debt.

What Debt Collectors Cannot Do

A wide range of collection activities is specifically prohibited. Generally these prohibited activities fall into two categories: actions designed to intimidate, harass or annoy consumer debtors; and actions that are unfair, misleading or deceptive.
The use of obscene or abusive language and threats of violence is prohibited. The FDCPA also forbids any threat of criminal action or harm to the consumer's person, property, or reputation. Debt collectors have even been held liable for the use of ethnic slurs, curse words, insults such as "liar," "deadbeat" and "crook," and for threatening to "ruin" credit ratings.
Debt collectors are prohibited from contacting consumer-debtors at unusual times, or times known to be inconvenient to the consumer. The FDCPA actually goes as far as specifying that calls placed before 8:00 a.m. and after 9:00 p.m. (in the consumer's time zone) are generally improper. If a debt collector knows, or has reason to believe, that odd hours are not inconvenient for the consumer (such as if the consumer works at night), then the consumer may be contacted at other times.
Debt collectors may not telephone the consumer-debtor repeatedly or engage the consumer-debtor in endless telephone conversation.
Both the State Act and FDCPA state that debt collectors may not contact consumer-debtors at their places of employment under certain
circumstances:
o Under the State Act, a debt collector may not call a consumer-debtor at his or her place of employment if the debtor informs the debt collector that he or she does not wish to be contacted there.
o Under the State Act, even if the debt collector is not told to refrain from calling at a place of employment, the debt collect may, at most, place one telephone call per month to the debtor's place of employment.
o In making a call to a place of employment, the debt collector may not inform the employer of the reason for the call unless asked by the employer.
o Under the FDCPA, a debt collector may not call the consumer-debtor at work if it is known that the employer prohibits the employee from receiving such communications. In effect, this provision allows a consumer-debtor to inform a debt collector that his or her employer forbids incoming personal calls and requires the debt collector to respect such a notice.

I need to know what to do

AUTHOR: Denise - (U.S.A.)

I was reviewing my credit report to see if there were some small account balances that I could clear off to help my credit and I found one with a balance of only $79.00 and it had the Creditor as RJM ACQ LLC. when I went to look it up on the internet to simply find a phone number to contact them I found this site instead of anything displaying a real company. So now I don't know what to do. I want to get my credit report cleared up but I don't want to just throw away $79.00. I hope that there is somebody out there that can help give me some advice. This account is from back in 2003.

#7 Consumer Suggestion

They are JUNK DEBT BUYERS, Not creditors.

AUTHOR: Steve [Not A Lawyer] - (U.S.A.)

RJM ACQ Funding - RJM Acquisitions Funding are JUNK DEBT BUYERS. They purchased that old, uncollectable account for less than a penny on the dollar.

They are NOT collecting for Fingerhut, they are collecting for themselves. This is misrepesentation under the FDCPA. They cannot call themselves a creditor unless they actually extend credit. And, buying a debt does not exempt anyone from being legally considered a third party collector.

It is obviously past SOL and cannot be legally collected. However, they are hoping that you will make a small payment or agreement to pay which would re-affirm the debt and reset the SOL. Then they could sue you and win.

This is a common scam. Unethical yes, but not YET illegal. Go to FTC.gov and file complaints online.

Stay off the phone! NEVER speak to ANY debt collector on the phone!

RJM Acquisitions Funding LLC- Complaints sents, the hunt is on

AUTHOR: B - (U.S.A.)

I have just filed a complaint with the FTC and my states attorney general. Please file those complaints, this is the only way they will stop.